From today through November 30th, World of Warcraft players can celebrate the game’s 14th birthday. Everyone logging in will receive a special gift that contains Timewarped Badges, items that boost XP and reputation gains for an hour, and a letter from the Timewalkers that sends players off on a quest to their capital city.
During the event, players can complete a pair of daily quests, one to answer a WoW trivia question and the other to head out to “defeat some familiar foes”. In addition, there are a number of classic loot transmog items available.
It’s been 14 years since gates opened into Azeroth and the heroes of the Horde and Alliance began their journey of discovery and adventure. To celebrate this momentous occasion, some familiar foes have returned to Azeroth—with some slightly updated abilities. Players level 60 and above can take on Lord Kazzak, Azuregos, and one of the four Dragons of Nightmare each day for some loot and 50 Timewarped Badges.
This year’s new toy is the “Overtuned Corgi Goggles” that “change how you see the world around you when you use this new toy. While active, friendly NPCs will appear to be such good boys and girls all year round.”
Check out the details on the World of Warcraft site.
- Kylie Minogue in tears on triumphant Glastonbury return 14 years after cancer battle
- Police hunt for missing 14-year-old Scotland schoolgirl last seen going for a run on Sunday afternoon
- Inquest opens into the deaths of two of five men who drowned when a fishing boat sank 14 years ago 'a day before exercise involving a NATO submarine'
- Mother who had been forced into an arranged marriage is jailed for filming herself having sex with her 14-year-old son and sending the clips to relatives in Pakistan
- Jack Osbourne celebrates 16 years of sobriety as he admits the past year has been 'the toughest year of my recovery'
- Paedophile dentist, 61, who turned up to meet '14-year-old boy' with a car full of sex toys, ropes and padlocks to 'teach him a thing or two' avoids jail
- School bus driver, 26, who admitted to raping a 14-year-old girl he met on his route gets NO jail time as New York judge gives him probation
- 'Overwhelmed with gratitude': Kelly Osbourne celebrates two years of sobriety as she thanks friends and family and gushes 'life is good'
- MBI Worldwide Background Checks & Drug Screening Celebrates Four Consecutive Years on HRO Today Baker's Dozen List
- Tom Daley celebrates 3 year anniversary with fiancé Dustin Lance Black