In official terms
Google Alert is the web’s leading automated search and web intelligence solution, allowing you to catch new information as it appears. Google Alert uses its unique Web Intelligence technology to track the entire web for your personalized topics and send you new results by daily email.
Though the things has changes now, You can also opt for feed subscription option to subscribe to alert. In my opinion it’s better then unlimited Email alerts.
How to Create an Alert using Google Alert
- Go to Google Alert website
- Login using your Gmail ID
- Create an Alert for your desired term
- Select the option Between Email and Feeds.
- If Email : Than Select the Delivery frequency.
Once you have added alerts according to your requirement, you can see all the set Google alerts on the same page. You can always edit any alerts settings & modify it.
I would suggest you to create alerts for topics that you like to read always. Ensure that you don’t end up adding a lot of alerts, as you will be bombarded with emails.
If you will use it wisely, you can be the first one to create any breaking news. Don’t over do the alert, else you won’t be able to keep up with all the updates.
Do add your domain name, brand name, your name, email in Google alerts. This way you will stay notified when somebody is talking about you or your brand.
For unlimited Blog post Idea : Mindmapping : A tool to generate unlimited blog post idea
- Embrace, extend, extinguish: How Google crushed and abandoned the RSS industry
- Google's new goal: Make everything work together
- 9 surprising things Google Home can't yet do
- Are you talking about me? How to get alerted when your name is used online
- Google I/O: Day 1 (live blog)
- April Fools' Day 2018: Elon Musk, Google get in on the fun
- How to track the best Black Friday deals with Google Alerts
- The most practical, creative ways to use NFC with your Android device
- Google vet's new Candid app for anonymous sharing puts trolls in their place
- Google launches Australian bushfire crisis map