Update July 2014: Technorati have revamped and now it’s no more a directory of blogs. Technorati is not accepting any new blog submission.
Technorati is one of the biggest blog directory and has a great index of Blogs from around the globe. Technorati not only is an index of Blogs but also rank them. And if your site is ranked at top 10 under any category, you can expect some nice traffic. Today, we will see how we can submit blog to Technorati as it helps in ranking and also helps in faster indexing of new site.
The whole process is divided into 3 simple steps. Register > Submit site > Claim token. In this tutorial, I will explain all the steps one by one. Do remember, try to put all related category and add a complete description to let people know you are running a professional blog. After all, your site in Technorati is like a portfolio of your blog.
Claim your Blog:
To get started with this, register for a free account at Technorati. Once you are registered, go to your account page and add your blog under my claimed blog list.
Click on claim and on the next page add details about your blog. Most important part is selecting the category. So use it wisely, else your blog may be listed in wrong category and you might miss a good chunk of quality traffic.
How to Claim blog in Technorati?
By now you have added your blog in technorati and the only process which is left is claiming your blog. Go to your account page and click on check claim below the blog you have just added.
All you need to do is create a new blog post along with the Technorati token you have received in the Email or you can find it again in check claim page. Make sure your claim token also appears in feed. One major mistake users make here is, they add the token in existing published post and it doesn’t work The token should appear in new blog post. You can eiher create a post saying test post and add your token as body in the text or simply when you are publishing a new post, you can add token. Technorati uses feeds to verify the presence of claim token. Once claim is done, you can edit the post and remove the technorati token text from it.
Once done, click on verify claim token. It usually take 2-3 days to see your blog in Technorati directory. This whole process usually take 5-10 minute and it’s worth your time.
Here are few more resources which you should do for your blog:
Do let us know if you have submitted your blog to technorati or are you going to do it now? Also do you know other blog directories which is worth submitting your blog. Suggest only those blog directories which actually drive traffic for your blog.
- NEW YORK DAILY NEWS RULES OF ENGAGEMENT BLOG: The Truth About Cleanses Sweepstakes
- Colorado gunman who killed 3 ranted about religion, family in blog and video two days before shooting
- Jimmy Choo launches street style blog to illustrate personal styles
- Protect and to swerve: Blog documents cops in bike lanes
- Atlanta couple creates blog celebrating interracial families in response to negative comments from Cheerios commercial
- 'LOLwork' shows that kitty humor blog job is the cat's meow - really!
- Facebook, Twitter, watch out: Flourishing new social network Nextdoor aims to connect neighbors both offline and online
- Jackley says S.D. needs transgender bathroom policy
- Transgender coalition forms after legislative debate
- Men In Blazers Live on Broadway ticket giveaway rules