Controversy continues to stir in Westminster amid allegations that reporters and journalists from one prominent British tabloid newspapers, engaged in the illegal interception of voicemail messages on the phones of the Royal family, senior politicians and celebrities. The UK phone hacking scandal shows politicians and government reluctant to investigate claims against a newspaper, which might further damage their reputations on a personal or political level. But also, the complex nature of the outdated communications laws, political spin show the grip that national presses have on not only Parliament but also the British people. The freedom of the presses in the United Kingdom does not allow journalists, reporters and freelancers to work outside of the law. On the other hand, politicians play a continually dangerous game balancing the media, in order to tow the party politician line and to engage with government under the premise to stay in power. While this is a slow, developing story that has now prolonged for over four years, the timeline can be followed below of main events leading to present day. 9th April 2006: First headline appears in the News of the World detailing an article about Prince Harry. Excerpts of an answerphone recording were published in… Read full this story
- FBI called to investigate Scarlett Johansson nude photo phone-hacking scandal
- DNC Lawsuit Reveals Key Details About Devastating 2016 Hack
- Networks Fawn Over Royal Child While Ignoring Dying Toddler Alfie Evans
- The Growth Industry Helping Governments Hack Terrorists, Criminals—and Political Opponents
- LG G7: Everything we know about LG's rumored flagship phone
- Windows Phone 8 release date to be October 29th, devices arriving early November
- Apple vs. the FBI: A complete timeline of the war over tech encryption
- Can Facebook restore trust after privacy scandal?
- Huawei & US Government Timeline: A Standoff Years In The Making
- Best new Android, iOS and Windows Phone games for February 2014
Royal phone hacking scandal: Timeline of events so far have 300 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 24, 2011. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.