Seriously, tears came to my eyes. It’s official; every situation is like five million times more intense when translated into Shyriiwook. This week’s Star Wars: The Old Republic Friday update is a pretty creative and funny April Fool’s gag, but there’s more to it than meets the eye. Community Manager Stephen Reid hinted at looking at the characters’ faces. Helloooo, we have expressions! On the surface, a rather small “reveal”, but a welcome one nonetheless. In fact, I’m quite happy with the inclusion of expressions and blinking, as well as a wide variety of emotes. After all, I remember a few months ago nitpicking over the lack of facial expressions the characters’ “deadpan eyes” in one of the Cinematic Design videos, so really, I have all the cause to rejoice. Nice job, BioWare animators, you guys sure don’t leave any stone unturned! I am also reminded of one of the reasons why I love following games in development — seeing a project grow and come together over time, and watching as even the most persnickety of my observations gets shot down as the weeks go by! Also of note from the forums — companion UI and the presence of love… Read full this story
- April Fools' Day 2018: Web pranks already off and running
- April Fools' 2017 roundup: The pranks start early this year
- Don't be fooled by phony 'open source'
- How Japan's Privacy Visor fools face-recognition cameras
- Cyber Insurance: Only Fools Rush In
- Lexus April Fools' Day prank uses V2V against left-lane hogs
- How Did The Net Celebrate April Fool’s Day?
- New technique fools your brain to make VR more immersive
- Face ID on the iPhone X: Security firm fools Face ID with mask, but it's not as easy as it sounds
- Fooling the voice recognition on Amazon Echo and Google Home
SWTOR: May The Fool Be With You have 299 words, post on mmogamerchick.wordpress.com at April 1, 2011. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.