WordPress is the most popular CMS widely used by bloggers and website owners worldwide. We can set up a website or blog using WordPress in few minutes only. There have thousands of plugins and themes available for WordPress on Internet and most of them are free to use. Lots of time, fellow bloggers ask me how to promote their WordPress based blogs in search engines. In today’s article, I’m trying to give answer to that question i.e. going to share best seo tips for WordPress blogs:
1. URL Structure
You should set your link structure as permalinks from your WordPress admin panel. By default, WordPress used to append dates and all in your url structure. You should be setting the custom URL structure where your blog post URL should start after your main domain name.
2. Page Titles
You should make sure that you are using different titles for each and every page on your WordPress blog. Apart from title uniqueness, you should make sure that you are making seo-optimized titles that are relevant to that page content and looks good to your blog readers as well.
3. Keyword Research
Before creating a title, you should do some keyword research using Google Adwords Keyword Tool to make prediction about the kind of keywords you want to target on a specific page or post on your blog. And according to your keyword selection, you should be using that keyword in your blog post title and URL.
4. Content Interlinking
You should interlink your blog posts with each other to increase reader’s engagement on your blog and for better search engine rankings. But while doing it, you should be creating links for relevant contents only and if you start doing it too heavily, your contents will become less important for search engine and for your blog readers even. Apart from interlinking your contents, you can use a related posts widget at the end of each blog post on your WordPress blogs. There are plugins like YARPP and Nrelate available to show case related posts towards the end of a post.
5. Google XML Sitemap
You should be creating an XML sitemap for your WordPress blog to get faster indexing of your blog contents on Google. If you don’t know how to create an XML sitemaps, there are free plugins like Google XML Sitemaps available that will create an XML sitemap for your blog. All you have to do is upload that sitemap into foot folder on your blog using a FTP client. And once uploaded, submit that to Google via Google Webmaster Tools. Your blog content indexing will surely improve after this action if you were facing the slow indexing kind of problems with your WordPress based blog.
I will be coming with more seo tips for WordPress blog in the coming days. And if you have something more to add to the list of seo tips for WordPress blogs, please add in the comments section below.
- Top Search Engine Optimization Experts Share The Best SEO Marketing Improvements To Make Your Website Rank Higher
- New Doctor Digital Column Provides Answers to Small Business Owners on Digital Marketing and SEO
- Steel Marketing, A SEO Company, Helps Businesses Double, Triple Their Income; Serve Businesses All Across U.S.
- Become a certified SEO expert and score a promotion
- REGALIX BLOG ON ENTERPRISE MOBILITY RANKED #2 ON FEEDSPOT
- Weather blog: Lightning Safety for Severe Weather Awareness Week
- Top Senior Welfare Website and Keith Armbrecht Continue To Assist Seniors. Good Medicare Blog To Follow!
- Tipping Flight Attendants? This Airline Encourages Gratuity For In-Flight Service
- 9 productivity tips for remote workers
- 6 tips for getting your ideas across at work