Search Engine Optimization (SEO), according to Wikipedia, is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines’ “natural,” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”), search results. SEO is done to improve your website but it can also damage your website if you’re not ethical. If you’re a newbie then I would recommend Google’s Search Engine Optimization Guide.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not a rocket science. Search Engine Optimization is all about Content Creation, Link Building and Website Analysis (On-Page and Off-Page Analysis) – Keyword Research, Keyword Density, Competitor Analysis, Website Page Speed, Title & Meta Tags Analysis.
I’m going to focus on Website Analysis – On-Page & Off-Page SEO Analysis – in this article. There are tons of Free SEO Tools Online to analyze your website. So I’m going to list 25 Best SEO Tools among them to analyze your website. There are many paid SEO Tools as well such as SEOmoz, DIYSEO, Raven Tools, Analytics SEO, Web CEO, Advanced Web Ranking,Linkdex, Sprout Social, BuzzStream, Ontolo, Majestic SEO, Link Research Tools, Keyword Spy. They all offer a free trial so you can consider that as well. But, I would stay away from these tools as almost all the services offered by these tools are available for free elsewhere on the Internet (Thanks to Google Search). Anyways you can try the free trial once you have established your website.
25 Free SEO Tools For On-Page & Off-Page SEO Analysis
I have selected 10 websites which offers complete Webmaster Tools (not limited to SEO). They offer tools for Alexa Rank Check, Backlink Tracking, HTML Validation, Keyword Density, Keyword Suggestion, SERPs, Domain Tools, Link Exchange, Sitemap, Meta Tag Generator, Link Popularity, PageRank, Robot.txt, Duplicate Content Checker and much more.
1. SEO Book
SEO Book offers a wide array of free and paid SEO Tools to webmasters. Some of the popular SEO tools offered by SEO Book are Keyword Suggestion Tool, Keyword List Generator, Keyword List Cleaner, Robots.txt Tool, Meta Tag Generators, Server Header Checker, Link Suggestion Tool, Spider Test Tool, Keyword Density Analyzer, Page Comparison Tool, Keyword Wrapper and Typo Generator.
2. Internet Marketing Ninjas
Internet Marketing Ninjas offers Side-by-Side SEO Comparison Tool, Website Speed Test Tool, Google Sitemap Generator, On-Page Optimization Tool, Header Checker Tool, Keyword Density Analysis Tool, Meta Tag Generator, Password Generator, Search Combination Tool, Broken Links & Redirects Checker and more.
GetRank is a complete webmaster and SEO Tools website for comprehensive Search Engine Optimization, Website Analysis and Research. It offers tools such as Website Rank Checkers, Link Tools, Keyword Tools, Search Engine Tools, Header/Tag Tools, IP Tools, Source Code Tools and other Miscellaneous Tools.
WebConfs offers a variety of Free Search Engine Optimization Tools such as Backlink Tracker, Similar Page Checker, Backlink Anchor Text Analysis, Keyword Density Checker, Reciprocal Link Checker, Domain Age Tool, Keyword Suggestion Tool, URL Rewriting Tool and Keyword Rich Domain Suggestion Tool.
7. Search Engine Genie
8. David Naylor
David Naylor Toolsoffers 3 flagship tools. Playground (Playground allows you to dig around the site your viewing to perform research finding out information such as a sites PageRank, Cached pages and Keyword Density), GeoTargeting (checks the IP address and Geolocation of each URL which you enter) and a Keyword Density Tool (offers a detailed keyword density analysis).
10. Submit Express
Submit Express offers a wide range of search engine optimization tools for webmasters. It offers Free Website Submission, Meta Tag and Keyword Analyzer, Link Popularity Checker, Keyword Suggestion Tool, XML Sitemap Submission, SEO Dictionary, Broken Link Checker, Link Counter and more.
11. Open Site Explorer
Open Site Explorer is powered by SEOmoz. It’s the new Search Engine for Links that searches over 159 billion URLs and 9.2 trillion links. It’s the perfect tool for competitive website analysis and research. You can explore backlinks, anchor text and much more for free (limited use).
Ahrefs is yet another powerful tool for link analysis. It shows the total number of backlinks and it’s types (text, nofollow, redirect, image, frame), referring IPs and domains.
SEOrush is a one touch resource which provides you a FREE SEO report for your URL or a competitors URL. It returns On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO analysis as well as social presence, indexed pages, validation, meta information, various ranks and standard domain information.
16. Backlink Watch
17. Google AdWords Keyword Tool
Google AdWords Keyword Tool is a Free Keyword Research Tool by Google. It’s probably the best keyword research tool for Internet Marketers and Webmasters. It helps you to find related keywords by analyzing a webpage or using the keywords which you enter. (Read: How To Do Keyword Research Using Google AdWords)
WordStream Keyword Tool gives you access to more keywords than free tools like Google’s AdWords Keyword Tool. Enter a keyword and get profitable keyword suggestions in that niche.
19. Google Page Speed Online
20. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a complete Web Analytics software which not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back.
21. Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools improves your site’s visibility in Google SERPs. If gives you detailed reports about your pages’ visibility on Google Search Engine. See how Google crawls and indexes your website. It shows Google Crawl Stats, Crawl Errors, Malware Warnings, DNS problems, Server connectivity problems, Roboxs.txt analysis, Backlink tracking, Search Queries, Internal Linking, HTML Improvements (Duplicate meta descriptions, Missing title tags, Duplicate title tags).
22. XML Sitemaps – Free Online Google Sitemap Generator
23. Live Keyword Analysis – It’s a real-time Keyword Density Checker.
24. Identify Your Top Search Competitors – finds the Top Search Engine Dominators in Yahoo & Bing for up to 3 Keywords.
25. SimilarSites – Find similar websites and alternatives on the web!
26. SEOquake – is a popular and handy analytic SEO Tool for Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers. It helps to obtain an information about any site for a wide range of parameters such as PageRank, Keyword Density, Google Index, Alexa Rank, highlights no-follow and much more.
27. MozBar – Is an SEO Toolbar providing fast access to essential SEO metrics and tool.
28. SEO Site Tools – provides On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO metrics, Social Media Stats, PageRank and more.
29. Alexa – Find and evaluate businesses worldwide with Alexa’s free web analytics.
30. Instant Domain Search – Free real-time Domain Name search service that instantly checks .com, .net, and .org Domain Name availability.
31. IP Address Tracer – Get detailed information on any IP address in the world.
Let me know if I missed your favorite SEO Tool!
- Best deals for cheap tickets to Walt Disney World Florida including holiday packages with £699 worth of free food and drink
- Mrs Crunch reveals how to stock up on gluten-free products and not break the bank
- Teenager Page gets Cardiff call year after hitting headlines in capital
- Free courses in King’s Lynn to help start-up businesses
- 8 of the best pizzerias in Naples
- Where to fit smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, how to get a free fire alarm and how often to test them
- Where to fit smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, how to get a free fire alarm and how often you should test them
- Revealed: The 25 best scenic views in East Anglia
- 20 of the best free things to do in Edinburgh
- Jose Mourinho is still the Premier League’s best manager but Mauricio Pochettino is the Great Pretender