Google search is targeted to give as much value as possible to a searcher and being a Blogger; it’s our role to know what all Google offers and how we can use it for our advantage. One of them is Google sites links and today in this article, we will learn about it and learn how we can remove unwanted sites links from Google search.
What are Google sites links?
Google shows some of the links from your site when somebody searches for your brand name or sitename in Google. Such links are called sitelinks. Google have their algo to determine such links, but from my observation, pages that are well linked and most popular on your blog are promoted as sitelink.
Here is an example of sitelink for ShoutMeLoud:
Google has a special algorithm to analyze the link structure of any site to find shortcuts that could save time of users and also they can allow them to find quickly the information they’re looking for. There are some myths among users that these site link depend upon the traffic of particular link.
According to Google “The links that show up underneath the first search result and which lead to specific pages deeper within the site. Sitelinks enable users to jump directly to important parts of a site, which is often useful for large, complex websites. Sitelinks have the additional advantage of giving users an overview of a website’s content by highlighting some of the popular parts of the site.”
Google display sitelinks when a site has a minimum of three sitelinks available.
How to Block/Remove unwanted site link from Google Search:
By default when Google shows sitelink, we have very little control over it but we always have the permission to block sitelinks which we don’t want to show in search result. Infact, when you analyze your blog sitelink, make sure to check if there is any unwanted pages are shown in your sitelink. If yes, here is a quick tutorial on how you can get rid of unwanted sitelinks using Google Webmaster tool.
- Login to your Google Search console tool dashboard
- Click on Search Appearance > Sitelinks
- Add link to page which you want to remove from sitelink index
- Click on Demote and your sitelink will be removed in some time.
Always remember this demotion is temporory and after few months, depending on your site structure Google may re-add that link and you need to refollow the above procedure to get rid of unwanted sitelinks from search.
Here is a quick video to make you understand the whole process of removing sitelinks from Search:
If you still have any query regarding sitelinks, do let me know via a comment and I will love to answer your query.
- How to Remove Unwanted Hair
- Tips on How to Remove Unwanted Body Hair Correctly
- If You Are Serious About Removing Unwanted Facial Hair, You Need A Facial Epilator
- Faster Ways to Remove Unwanted Body Hair
- Hair Removal - 5 Different Alternatives To Removing Unwanted Hair
- Laser Hair Removal - Effectively Remove Unwanted Hair
- Treat Melasma With a New Biological Skin Cream that Removes Unwanted Skin Pigmentations
- Liposuction Can Remove Unwanted Fat
- Hair Growth: How to Help in the Enhancement of Hair and Remove Unwanted Hair
- Permanently Losing Your Unwanted Hair