I could see a big traffic change for few of my blogs starting form 5th November 2012. Initially I thought it’s a Monday effect as 4th Nov was Weekend, but similarly I could see many bloggers asking in the Webmaster forum about traffic change from 5th November. Today (7th November), Google confirmed about the panda data refresh which affected less than 1.1 English queries.
Panda data refresh rolling out. ~1.1% of English queries noticeably affected. More context: http://t.co/QqlpqTmk
— Google (@Google) November 6, 2012
This news was first confirmed by SEL and later on Google tweeted about the same.
This is the 21st iteration of Google panda which includes Panda update and data refresh. Usually data refresh doesn’t impact a large percentage of search queries and a major change is seen after panda update when new signals are added in the algo.
What to do if Panda 21st affected your site?
I have already shared a detailed Google panda recovery guide and guide to find low quality content. I recommend you to refer to them to start recovering your lost traffic after Google Panda 21st update.
For the info, After Panda Google rolled out many new algo updates and the latest was was EMD which targeted exact match low quality domains. Panda update is all about targeting Websites with thin and low quality content. Unlike old time, Panda penalizes complete domain for few low quality articles and you need to work on removing all such low quality articles and working on giving brand and authority signals to Google.
Along with my suggestions in Panda recovery guide, I highly recommend you to start working on creating brand for your blog and improving Social signals to your blog. Here are few more articles from past, which will help you to work on a site affected by Google panda.
Here is a guide for bloggers who are not affected by Panda and want to make their Blog panda-proof:
For earlier updates, you can check out Google Algorithm update timeline.
Do let me know how this Panda refresh affected your site? Do you see an improvement in traffic or drop in traffic? Also, what strategies you are putting in your blog to ensure Google panda never affect your Website?
- Google Chrome 79 update resumes after fixing data loss bug on Android
- Google confirms that advanced backdoor came preinstalled on Android devices
- Google Chrome Browser Update Disables Unity Plugin
- Google confirms Pixel 2 launch event will take place on October 4
- Google Reader Receives Update – Adds Google+ & New Design [News]
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - PC release date confirmed, free update monsters
- Google Code Is Shutting Down, The BBC Gives Micro Bits To Kids [Tech News Digest]
- Gboard’s latest update is breaking the app for Android users
- Do you really need Google's Stadia Founder's Edition? Who is it for? All your Stadia questions answered
- Why it may now be time to update your Google Chrome