- How does your site appear on Google?
- How many traffic are you getting from Google?
- How many URLs of your site got indexed by Google?
If the answer is YES, then you have to use Google Search Console.
Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) is a free service by Google that helps you to monitor your site performance in Google Search results. It provides data to help you to understand how your site appear on Google. It also shows search queries that drive traffic to your site. Google Search Console allows you to submit your sitemap, remove URLs from search results, test robots.txt file, find and fix crawl errors and much more.
If you want to use Google Search Console, then you have to add and verify your site in Google Search Console. In this post, I will show you to verify WordPress blog in Google Search Console.
How to Verify WordPress in Google Search Console
Step 1: Go to Google Search Console
Just click on this link, Google Search Console, to get started. And sign in with your Gmail account.
Step 2: Add Property
Search Console lets you submit your site or app. As you are going to submit your site, enter the full URL of your site and click on “ADD PROPERTY”. Make sure to enter the correct protocol (http:// or https://) of your site.
Now you need to verify your ownership. Their recommended method is HTML file upload.
On this method, you have to download HTML verification file and upload it to your site. You can upload HTML verification file to WordPress by using an FTP clientor cPanel file manager. (If this method seems tough to you, don’t worry. We have alternate methods to verify ownership)
- HTML tag.
- Domain name provider.
- Google Analytics.
- Google Tag Manager.
I’d recommend you to use HTML tag method. This is the easiest way to verify your ownership. Now select HTML tag and it will ask you to add a meta tag to your site’s
section. You can do it by using Yoast SEO plugin. It is the best WordPress SEO plugin.
Now go back to Search Console and click on “Verify” button.
That’s it. You are done.
Hope this post helped you to verify your site ownership on Google Search Console. If you have any queries regarding verifying ownership, feel free to ask us via comment. And don’t forget to share this post on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Sign up to download this FREE Ebook!
“11 Ways To Get First Affiliate Sale From Your Blogâ”
- Redmi 8 to Launch in India on October 9, Specifications Allegedly Spotted on Google Play Console
- Google Search turns 20. Here's what the internet was like back then
- Google search revamp: Expect to see ton of new features on your phone
- Hidden Google search text adventure game sends you on a hunt
- Google search results listings can be manipulated for propaganda
- Trouble in the Google-verse: Users report problems using Google search engine, gmail, other features
- Graphic designer launches World White Web to add diversity to Google searches
- Top Google searches in 2016 for Ky., Ind.
- Google search results are personalized even when incognito, study finds
- Study: Google searches bad for environment