(CNN)Here’s a look at the Cannes Film Festival, held every year in Cannes, France. The 73rd Cannes Film Festival is postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. May 14-25, 2019 – The 72nd Cannes Film Festival takes place. “Parasite,” by South Korea’s Bong Joon-ho, wins the Palme d’Or, the festival’s top prize. 2019 Selection Other Facts Read More The correct pronunciation of the city is “can.” The Marché du Film is a parallel portion of the film festival that is a meeting place for film professionals to view, buy and sell films from around the world. The festival lasts for approximately two weeks. The top award at the festival is the Palme d’Or, the prize for best film. It was first presented in 1955, replacing another “Grand Prix” prize. The top award for a first film is the Camera d’Or, presented by an independent jury. It was first presented in 1978. The festival is divided into five sections: In Competition – films up for the Palme d’Or. Out of Competition – films not competing for the top prize, but there for the publicity. Un Certain Regard – usually challenging art films that aren’t quite up to competing in the mainstream. Cinéfondation… Read full this story
- The most exclusive film festival of all
- Netflix takes on Hollywood with its first film premiere at Venice festival
- Oscars: Examining The Expanded International Feature Film Shortlist Possibilities
- Deadline Turns 10 And Celebrates Disruptors: Nikki Finke Looks Back
- Has the Booker prize lost its mojo?
- 100 Women Directors Hollywood Should Be Hiring
Cannes Film Festival Fast Facts have 252 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 9, 2013. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.