Earlier, I have shared a detailed setup guide for All in one SEO plugin and WordPress SEO By Yoast plugin, and when I compare both the plugins, WordPress SEO by Yoast is clear winner due to overwhelming number of SEO and Social features it offers. WordPress SEO by Yoast came into the market much later after All in one SEO, and there are many blogs which are still stuck with All in one SEO plugin. In this guide, I will be sharing how you can migrate All in one SEO plugin settings to WordPress SEO by Yoast.
Quick guide to migrate from All in One SEO to SEO by Yoast plugin:
Before, we start here are few things you need to know:
- Take a backup of your blog database before you perform this action.
- After migrating SEO settings to SEO by Yoast plugin, you need to disable All in one SEO.
- After verifying settings, you can delete all in One SEO plugin.
Login to WordPress dashboard, and install SEO by Yoast. Yoast SEO plugin offers import export feature, which supports many popular SEO plugins ( HeadSpace2, All-in-One SEO, OLD All-in-One SEO, WooThemes SEO framework). Click on SEO > Import and export
Click on import, and within seconds your SEO settings from All in one SEO will be imported. You will see a success message like this “All in One SEO data successfully imported., and old data deleted.”
Now head over to WordPress SEO by Yoast Setup guide, and follow it to finish the setting part of SEO by Yoast. You can take advantage of SEO extended plugin to check meta description, title for all your blog posts and pages. Similarly, if you are using any plugin like RSS footer, Robots meta plugin, you can use import-export feature to import settings to SEO by yoast plugin, and disable those old plugins. I also recommend you to grab EasyWPSEO plugin, as it will help you in keyword optimization of your blog post.
- Also see: Best WordPress plugins for SEO
The whole setup process will not take more than 5 minutes, but this small change will improve the SEO score of your overall blog. More over, social feature of SEO by yoast will help you to add many useful feature like Twitter meta card, Facebook open graph meta data. If you have any question before making this change, feel free to let me know via comments.
- Everything You Need to Know About Migrating a WordPress Website to HTTPS
- Real People, Real SEO: An Interview with Rand Fishkin, CEO of SEOmoz
- CEO of WordPress Blog Tool on the Future of Blogging in Big Business
- A Plea for the Legitimacy of SEO: 3 Simple Truths
- The Lure of Black Hat SEO: Take A Walk On the Dark Side
- Top 10 Ways To Boost Your WordPress Website Speed
- Best Deal on WordPress Managed Hosting in 2019
- How to Disable Comments on Attachments in WordPress
- Get access to 180 WordPress designs and layouts for 70% off with Dessign
- My Response to "Why Social Media Is a Better Investment than SEO"