Had you heard about the absolute disaster that revolved around the 2010 Adidas Jabulani soccer ball, used in that year’s World Cup? Yeah, me either. But professionals used words like terrible, disaster, and catastrophe to describe its performance. How has Adidas changed the ball for this year’s Cup? It’s futbol season! The 2014 World Cup is finally upon us, and pretty much the only time that most of us in America give any attention to soccer. Even now, the sport still doesn’t get the attention and respect it deserves. We should all acknowledge that the MLB, NBA and NFL’s annual declaration of their “World Champions” is a complete crock, when American teams aren’t competing against others from around the world. Okay, rant over. The 2010 Jabulani ball was despised because the ball had a tendency to “knuckle” or to fly with little to no spin, like a knuckleball. This made the ball’s flight unpredictable, much to the horror of goalkeepers. The video above shows the “Jabulani Effect” in action. What’s new about the 2014 ball, the Brazuca? Adidas increased the seem length and depth on this ball, and also added thousands of tiny bumps to its surface. The bumps create… Read full this story
- The 2014 World Cup Jerseys, Ranked From Snazziest to Most 'Meh'
- Firsthand Proof That Brazil Is World Cup Soccer's True Home
- World Cup 2018 fixtures on TV and online: Channel and live stream guide for ITV and BBC semi-finals
- Europe starts World Cup qualifying amid pause for pandemic
- Familiar look to Deschamps' France for start of World Cup defence
- Germany midfielder Toni Kroos criticises World Cup in Qatar
- Germany midfielder Toni Kroos criticizes World Cup in Qatar
- Toni Kroos: 'It's wrong that the World Cup was awarded to Qatar'
- Durable Ibrahimovic targets playing at 2022 World Cup, at 41
- EXPLAINER: Qatar prepares for World Cup amid rights concerns
NASA Explains How The 2014 World Cup Soccer Ball Is The Best Ever have 304 words, post on jalopnik.com at June 14, 2014. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.