“Don’t miss your crawl errors: connect with Google Search Console here.”
This is the new feature that will help you to stay updated with all the Google search crawl errors & issues related to your blog from your WordPress dashboard. Of course, you need to submit your blog to Google search console, which I believe you must have done already. If not, follow this handy tutorial & do it right away.
In this easy to follow guide, I will show how you how to use this feature, and how you can fix all crawling issues related to your blog from WordPress dashboard. Before you move ahead, take a moment & read this post to understand various crawl issues & error warning in Google search console.
Now, let’s get on with this exclusive guide to understanding search console feature of Yoast SEO.
How to use Search Console feature of Yoast SEO plugin:
Login to your WordPress dashboard & ensure you are using the latest version of Yoast SEO plugin. Click on SEO > Search console & you will see a screen as shown below:
Click on Get Google Authorization Code & it will open a pop-up where you need to authenticate Yoast SEO to access your Search console account (Don’t worry about safety, as this is 100% secure).
Click on accept & it will give you a code that you need to paste in Yoast Search console settings page. After that click on Authenticate, and select your site profile from the drop down list & click on save the profile.
What you can do with Search console of Yoast SEO:
This is where all the fun begins as you can see all the links that are giving access error (404 error, soft 404 error, server access error; access denied error). Here is a screenshot from ShoutMeLoud Search console – Yoast SEO page:
- Create redirect
- Marked as fixed
To use the create redirect you can either use free redirection plugin (Which requires manual work) or you can buy Yoast SEO Premium which offers one click redirection feature & is convenient for those who have a huge WordPress blog.
Here are few more posts which makes it easy for you to understand learn more about SEO by Yoast:
Do let me know if you have any query related to this new feature of Yoast SEO plugin. If you want me to make a video tutorial on the same, feel free to ask for it in the comment section.
- Best Alternative To Yoast SEO
- Google Uses Ad-Engagement To Handle Extremists Using Search
- Uber App Update: How to Use New Spotlight Feature to Connect With Driver
- How to use the Saved feature on the Instagram Android app
- Google Banished Lyrics Site Rap Genius from Search Results for Shady SEO Tricks
- Snapchat Reportedly Set To Gain ‘Amazon Search’ Camera Feature
- How to use Task View features on Windows 10
- Analyst says Apple will not use Fingerprint On Display in 2019; Android use of the feature to grow
- Twitter brings useful data saver feature to iOS
- How to use the messaging features in Google Maps