We recently discovered OneGet, a package management framework included with PowerShell and Windows 10. We’ve learned a lot more about OneGet and its future since then. OneGet was originally a product from the Open Source Technology Center at Microsoft. Not only is it inspired by open-source Linux package managers, OneGet itself is also open source. It’s now part of PowerShell proper. Who is OneGet For? RELATED: Windows 10 Includes a Linux-Style Package Manager Named “OneGet” OneGet is currently targeted at power-users, system administrators, and people who aren’t afraid to use PowerShell — that much is clear. But OneGet isn’t just some obscure collection of cmdlets that will only be used by server administrators. OneGet developer Garrett Serack explained who it’s targeted at on Reddit: “Initially, this is targeted at the propeller-heads — developers, admins, powerusers, etc. Once the APIs for using package providers is published, I’m sure we’ll see GUI tools and integration aplenty. Further down the road I’d like to see integration into things like the Windows Update UI so that software updates from any package manager can show up in a centralized location.” (Source) The graphical interface and Windows Update integration aren’t coming immediately, though: “Initially, I don’t have the time to integrate a UI; We’re on a… Read full this story
- If You Can't Update Windows 10, Blame Your Realtek Drivers
- The Best Features in Windows 10 Version 1909
- Latest update to Windows 10 has a bug that could break VPN services
- Microsoft Re-Releasing Windows 10 October Update for All
- These Windows 10 Apps Are Actually Worth Installing
- Windows 7 vs Windows 10: ¿merece la pena cambiar?
- Cómo instalar Windows 10 May 2019 Update fácilmente
- Upgrade to Windows 10 free, here's how
- 6 simple security changes all Windows 10 users need to make
- Beware, fake Windows 10 update email scam doing the rounds
More Details About OneGet, Windows 10’s Package-Management-Manager have 307 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at August 4, 2015. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.