In my first weeks at Atlassian, I was seeking for a quick-win to get a stronger foothold within the company and evangelize SEO. So, I audited our main site and noticed it didn’t have an XML sitemap. What an easy win! I went to the devs and asked them to activate it in the CMS. To my surprise, they told me that it wasn’t possible; I was baffled. After some thinking, I remembered that Screaming Frog had an XML sitemap function, so I scraped the site and uploaded the crawl as an XML sitemap. Google ate it within a few seconds, and we saw a noticeable impact on our traffic in the following days. The moral of the story is that XML sitemaps are important and sometimes underrated. What XML Sitemaps Are and Why You Need to Have One XML sitemaps are digital maps that help Google discover important pages on your site and how often they are being updated. Google states on its help center page: A sitemap tells the crawler which files you think are important in your site, and also provides valuable information about these files: for example, for pages, when the page was last updated, how often… Read full this story
- Makeup Tips & Tricks For Allergy Prone Skin
- Best Phone Recovery Tool?
- Five Best Phone Recovery Tools
- The Best Disk Cloning App for Windows
- 10 Tricks to Make You an Xbox One Master
- How to de-ice your car windscreen – the best ways to get your car ready to go
- 9 tips to save money at Tesco including best time to shop and how to get cashback on groceries
- Get your Christmas pudding prepped for less with our top money saving tips — plus you could win £50,000 in our raffle
- What do sell-by dates on my groceries REALLY mean and what’s the difference between use by and best before dates?
- The 100 best movies of the 2010s
The Best XML Sitemap Tools, Tips, and Tricks have 326 words, post on www.semrush.com at August 14, 2015. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.