Amit Singhal, Google’s SVP for search, is leaving the company after fifteen years. Singhal has long been in charge of Google’s flagship product, and he famously rewrote Google’s page ranking algorithm in 2001. He was also a big driver of Google’s Star Trek ambitions. With Singhal leaving, John Giannandrea, Google’s head of artificial intelligence, is taking over the search division. Re/code is reporting that with the change, Google will merge the search and artificial intelligence divisions. Giannandrea previously led the effort to introduce the Knowledge Graph—a machine learning that gives you a direct answer rather than a list of links—to search. Today the Knowledge Graph powers answers to the “OK Google” voice queries that appear on just about every consumer-facing Google OS. Moving the artificial intelligence unit in with search is certainly an eyebrow-raising move. Machine Learning seems to be taking over all of Google lately. Google Deepmind is building a general artificial intelligence that is smart enough to learn and beat various games. It recently open sourced TensorFlow, a software library for machine intelligence, and machine learning technology in Google Inbox can even write short replies to e-mails for you. After building up Google’s biggest product, Singhal says, “I am eager to see what kind of impact I can… Read full this story
- Artificial intelligence is racist and sexist because robots are being fed the wrong data, study finds
- Samsung Set to Invest Billions in the Future of Artificial Intelligence
- Google search share button in beta testing
- Google Artificial Intelligence Latest News & Update: $4.5 Million Funded To Montreal AI Research; Twitter Top Scientist Hugo Larochelle Hired?
- Google Latest News & Update: Websites with Stubborn Pop-Ups Will Get Lower Google Search Ranking
- Google Search Will Tell You Way More About Games Now
- Artificial Intelligence Is Reinventing How Web Searches Are Done; Could Deep Learning Replace The Search Bar’s Function?
- Google Quick Draw Latest News & Update: Google Release Artificial-Intelligence-Powered Web Game
- Dozens of ‘mysterious radio bursts’ from outer space are detected by alien-hunting artificial intelligence
- Blizzard and Google betray humanity with StarCraft 2 tools to train artificial intelligences
Head of Google Search retires, artificial intelligence chief to take over have 361 words, post on arstechnica.com at February 3, 2016. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.