Whether it’s destined to be a fairytale romance or a quick fumble behind a nightclub, every love affair has to start somewhere. The moment of truth. The very first date. I’ve been on plenty of dates. I’ve sipped gin and tonics opposite dreamboats and deadbeats, sociopaths and social workers, models and morons. Some went well, many I knew were nonstarters within 20 minutes, and some were absolute Hollywood blockbuster levels of nightmare. They have all taught me a lot about humans. Dates coughing into hands, picking noses when they thought I wasn’t looking, asking to meet in a bar where their ex is on a date three tables away, and displaying wildly varying levels of acceptable table manners; at times, I have felt I was watching my very own wildlife documentary. I’m certain I’ve been someone’s worst date ever, and many have competed to be mine, but it will all have been worth it if it means I can save you from misery – by avoiding these classic ways to ruin the night. Arrive late (or early) The quickest way to make someone fall out of love with you before you’ve even met? Turn up late. Your excuses had better… Read full this story
- 10 ways to improve your dating profile, stat
- Ex-Scottish first minister Alex Salmond faces more ‘sex pest’ claims – and one dates back FIVE years
- Laurence Fox and DJ Lilah Parsons call off relationship after 10 months of dating
- Who is Pete Wicks? Towie cast member and Megan McKenna’s ex who’s dating Shelby Tribble
- Sun writer’s bizarre date with 72-year-old millionaire aristocrat Sir Benjamin Slade who’s after a girl to provide an heir
- Who is Pete Wicks? Towie and Celebrity Island 2018 star and Megan McKenna’s ex now dating Shelby Tribble
- First Dates waitress Cici Coleman says the show has RUINED her love life
- Who is Megan McKenna? Celebs on the Farm and ex-Towie star who split from boyfriend Mike Thalassitis
- Sex-bot collector forced to reveal secret $200,000 love doll cupboard to family – because he couldn’t carry them any more
- 'Why don’t we grow up about politics'
Don't talk politics, sex or the ex: 10 ways to ruin a date have 350 words, post on www.theguardian.com at June 4, 2016. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.