China has claimed to have unmasked Japanese malfeasance and “manipulation” amid a campaign to discredit an international tribunal ruling two weeks ago that largely invalidated Beijing’s claims to most of the South China Sea. In the days since the July 12 ruling on a case brought by the Philippines before the Hague-based Permanent Court of Arbitration, top Chinese officials and state media outlets have unleashed a blistering and sustained attack on Japan over what Beijing has described as “meddling” in its affairs. From warnings to unsubstantiated claims, the scathing attacks have targeted both the government of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Japanese officials involved in the PCA legal process on an almost daily basis. Experts say China’s verbal onslaught has mainly been for domestic consumption, as Beijing seeks to assuage the loss of face it was dealt with the ruling. Japan — long used by China’s ruling Communist Party as a tool to stoke nationalism in the country over Tokyo’s past militarism — has been the perfect foil. In an interview posted to the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s website just a day after the ruling, State Councilor Yang Jiechi, one of the country’s top diplomats, railed against a conspiracy by the… Read full this story
- FOURTEEN times: Over three stormy years, Amber Heard claims that this is the tally of attacks Johnny Depp launched on her – including ‘throwing glasses at her’ and ‘pushing her against a wall’
- Eye on China, Modi-Abe Summit could be held in October; Philippines next
- UK Huawei decision part of wider strategic tensions with China
- Cyber attack in Australia: Malicious code and ‘cyber bombs’ risk cyber security
- 'You f****** haymakered me': Johnny Depp accuses Amber Heard of attacking him with a 'roundhouse punch' and says he was in a bad mood at her 30th birthday party because he'd just discovered he'd lost $650MILLION
- China accuses the US of 'invading other countries' territory at will' and 'sailing through the world like a bully' amid escalating South China Sea row as Britain and Japan 'prepare to join Far East military drills'
- Cooperation not confrontation: Changing the rules of the China game
- Special Report: China expands amphibious forces in challenge to U.S. beyond Asia
- Johnny Depp wrote 'I love you' in blood after severing his finger while attacking ME, says Amber Heard: Actor 'pushed his wife into a ping pong table, tore off her night gown, and choked her against refrigerator while filming Pirates of The Caribbean'
- US allies once seemed cowed by China. Now they're responding with rare coordination
China puts Japan in cross hairs with blistering, sustained attack over alleged role in sea ruling have 416 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at August 3, 2016. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.