With the constant clamoring from fans for Daybreak (or someone) to create an honest-to-goodness next-gen sequel to the EverQuest franchise, you’d hope that it would actually happen someday. Obviously EverQuest Next itself didn’t pan out — not that everyone considered that title a sequel or even deserving of the EQ name. But it was impossible not to find a glimmer of hope at the news that Daybreak was hiring for positions involving a new game. And then even that tiny flame of hope was snuffed out. The upcoming unannounced title is apparently a first-person shooter, a multi-platform FPS. That doesn’t sound very compatible with the Norrath people want. But that doesn’t mean it won’t be the Norrath people get! Now before you hyperventilate: This is just speculation. I know EQIII the FPS is a longshot. If it has any ties to Daybreak’s existing portfolio at all, the new game is much more likely to be related to PlanetSide 2. Chances are it is just a brand-new game and concept. But that doesn’t make the speculation any less entertaining. How would you envision a Norrathian FPS? These are a few of my thoughts. City rivalry Something I’d really look forward to in an EQ FPS is a… Read full this story
- ‘Daybreak’: Colin Ford, Sophie Simnett, Jeante Godlock, Cody Kearsley, Among Eight Cast In Netflix Series
- Far Cry New Dawn REVIEW: How much Far Cry is too much Far Cry?
- Memo to the New York Philharmonic: Louder Isn’t Better
- New On Hulu April 2019
- Google Stadia: The new Google streaming service to take on PS4 and Xbox in 2019
- Watches Inspire New Books
- New Brunswick, Highland Park celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. with public art display
- Wintry storm moves into New England
- £1billion boost for oil and chemical industries as Ineos boss splashes cash
- The One Show's Alex Jones announces her pregnancy after struggling to conceive
EverQuesting: Could Daybreak’s new FPS be an EverQuest? have 315 words, post on massivelyop.com at October 13, 2016. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.