Saturday Night Live writer Katie Rich has reportedly been suspended indefinitely from her role at the NBC show after she wrote a controversial tweet about President Donald Trump’s youngest son, Barron. No one saw the funny side of Rich’s tweet about the 10-year-old. Rich has expressed her regret over the tweet and described her actions as “irresponsible” after declaring that “Barron will be this country’s first homeschool shooter,” in an abhorrent tweet during his father’s inauguration on Friday. The tweet drew severe backlash on social media, causing the comedian to not only delete the message but also suspend her account. Returning to the social media site on Monday. “I sincerely apologize for the insensitive tweet. I deeply regret my actions and offensive words,” she tweeted. “It was inexcusable & I’m so sorry.” According to reports, the writer’s name did not appear at the end of Saturday night’s show which was hosted by Master of None star Aziz Ansari. Whatever you make of his dad’s policies and relationship with the truth , the fact is Barron Trump is just a 10 year-old boy. Video Loading Video Unavailable Click to play Tap to play The video will auto-play soon8Cancel Play now In… Read full this story
- 'Saturday Night Live' Scrambling to Adjust to Trump's COVID News
- Jim Carrey to Play Joe Biden on Upcoming Season of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Saturday Night Live: Colin Jost debuts his wedding ring after secretly marrying Scarlett Johansson... as John Mulaney hosts for the fourth time
- Watch ‘SNL’ Flip Between Joe Biden, Donald Trump ‘Dueling Town Halls’
- Live From New York Once Again
- Eric Trump Tells Supporters 'They Hate Us So Much Because We're Doing Something Right'
- Alec Baldwin defends portraying Donald Trump on the season premiere of SNL after the president tested positive for COVID-19: 'We thought we kept the gloves on'
- Late-Night Laughs: ‘Conan’s Jeff Ross On TBS Show’s Future; ‘Full Frontal’ Head Writers On Navigating A Manic News Cycle
- Donald Trump Shares Tweets Calling 'Fool' Ted Wheeler 'War Criminal,' 'Idiot Comic Relief'
- Actor Michael McKean Attacks Lil Wayne as a ‘Sellout’ After He Praised Trump’s Platinum Plan
Saturday Night Live writer suspended from show after sickening Barron Trump tweet have 357 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 24, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.