A San Francisco power outage that stranded people and left tens of thousands of others in the dark Friday was caused by the massive failure of a circuit breaker that sparked a fire at a power substation. (April 21) Video: Associated Press Traffic was a mess, and restaurants and other businesses lost a sunny day’s worth of revenue while many workers were sent home during Friday’s big San Francisco blackout. The power failure affected almost 90,000 Pacific Gas and Electric Co. business and residential customers, leaving Union Square, the Financial District, the outskirts of Chinatown and several other neighborhoods without electricity just after 9 a.m. BREAKING NOW: Milo Yiannopoulos announces ‘Free Speech Week’ at Berkeley after riot aborted event The blackout turned a bright spring day a little dark for retail stores and other businesses and resulted in minor tragedies, including the two large pans of uncooked bacon that went to waste at one Kearny Street cafe. By noon, ice cream was puddling in stores. But Ed, who goes only by Ed, arguably had it worse than most. Back to Gallery A day without power: bad traffic, big losses, some… Facebook Twitter Email LinkedIn Reddit Pinterest Comments 37 Related Stories… Read full this story
- Not Just Another Web 2.0 Company, Yelp Basks In Its Star Power
- The bad design that created one of America’s worst housing crises
- A once-in-a-generation opportunity to pick up prime US real estate
- What MoneyWeek’s experts are buying for the year ahead
- Unraveling The Enigma Of Nintendo’s Virtual Boy, 20 Years Later
- The mystery behind why a beautiful movie theatre in the town created by Disney World has been closed for almost a decade
A day without power: bad traffic, big losses, some frustration have 273 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 22, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.