Ticketing platform Local Tickets is the latest industry player to get behind the Australian Event Awards, putting their name on the Event Award for Best Regional Event.
Local Tickets is an Australian owned ticketing company with a national network of regionally branded event ticketing websites.
They have exclusively developed both a front-end marketing website and a back-end ticketing service for every region and city in Australia.
Local Tickets offer both online and offline ticketing solutions including printed, door and venue tickets.
Their clients include event organisers, venues, organisations, media and volunteers.
Explaining their commitment to regional events, founding Director of Local Tickets, Kristen Goldup says:
“We believe regional events really punch above their weight. They attract visitors, provide economic benefits, make life exciting and fill locals with pride.
“With both directors hailing from regional Queensland, we are very proud to be partnering with the Australian Events Awards to shine a big spotlight on the wonderful contribution regional events make to the Australian culture,” she adds.
There will be 10 Best Event categories and 10 Best Achievement categories open for entry in 2017, in addition to the Headline Awards, the 2017 State or Territory Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Entries for the Awards will be open from May 3 until 17 July. The Event Awards Ceremony will take place at The Events Centre in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland on 13 September.
The Awards will be followed by the Australian Event Symposium on 14 and 15 September, a conference bringing the whole events industry together to learn and network.
Photo caption: Co-founders of Local Tickets Kristen Goldup and Jan Martin
- How To Get $199 Sony PS4 1TB Black Friday 2017 Deal
- Rajinikanth to be honoured with special Icon of Golden Jubilee award at IFFI, Isabelle Huppert to get Lifetime Achievement Award
- Rajinikanth to be honoured at IFFI, French actor Isabelle Huppert to get Lifetime Achievement Award
- Ford secures spot in top 10 mobile award category with Google and Apple
- Indian software industry gets boost from Down Under
- Get Aero or Go Long on the 2017 Orbea Orca and Avant
- Is the Cable-TV Industry Getting Smarter?
- PC industry gets soft on DVD
- Ford gets another inexpensive GPS option at CES 2017 with Sygic
- UK security industry gets professional body