Global publisher revenue from online ads grew by almost 22% in 2016 to reach a total of $72.5 billion. Yet, beneath those numbers, there’s a grim statistic: Ad block usage increased by 30% in 2016, hitting 615M devices blocking ads. While display advertising is growing (it surpassed search in ad spending in 2016), publishers need to take proactive measures to protect (and grow) their revenues. Even if it never happens, it doesn’t hurt to have a plan for growth in case your ad revenues fall because of ad block. I’ll show you 9 strategies to do this below. Your audience uses adblock not out of spite but out of necessity. They don’t want to see you out of business; they just want to have a better user-experience. 30% of people use ad block because of security concerns. Another 29% use it because of interruptive ads, according to a survey by PageFair: It stands to reason that if you can solve these security and user-experience issues, you can encourage users to switch off ad block — at least on your site. Looking at the above chart, here are a few steps you can take to resolve audience concerns: Security issues: Address…
- How your HANDBAG could spread coronavirus: Expert reveals how porous leather is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria - and ways you can make your accessory more hygienic
- 5 ways to stay energised during your fitness regime
- How to prepare if coronavirus might cut your income
- 10 Ways To Add Almonds To Your Diet
- These popular VPN, ad blocker apps could be harvesting your data
- Catching coronavirus in your 80s 'does not mean you're a goner': Chief Medical Officer says even the elderly are likely to survive disease but may need to self-isolate during crisis which could see NHS run out of beds 'early'
- Pediatricians Say Study Approving Puberty Blockers for Adolescents Is Flawed
- Debt-ridden Maharashtra failed to recover revenue over Rs 1 lakh crore
- Amtrak Expects Hundreds of Millions of Dollars in Lost Revenue Due to Coronavirus
- NBA, Sports Risk Spark Ad Fears: Media Stocks Hit In Market Plunge
9 Ways to Recover the Ad Revenue You’re Losing to Ad Blockers have 334 words, post on at July 14, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.