Sci-fi drama “Westworld” and satirical sketch show “Saturday Night Live” led Emmy award nominations on Thursday with 22 apiece in a list stuffed with new contenders that reflected a booming era for television.With reigning Emmy champ “Game of Thrones” ineligible this year for the highest honors in television after it moved its seventh season to this summer, the door opened to five new shows vying for the top prize of best drama series.The crowded race includes British royal series “The Crown” and supernatural mystery “Stranger Things,” both on Netflix; Hulu’s breakout dystopian women’s series “The Handmaid’s Tale” starring best actress nominee Elisabeth Moss; and NBC’s emotional family drama “This Is Us.”Peter Morgan, creator of “The Crown,” said he was “chuffed, thrilled, proud, honored!” at the show’s 13 nominations.Television Academy Chairman Hayma Washington noted the “explosive growth” in television, where more than 400 scripted shows vie for attention across streaming, cable and broadcast networks.”The creativity and excellence in presenting great storytelling and characters across a multitude of ever-expanding entertainment platforms is staggering,” Washington said in a statement.The nomination for “This Is Us,” which also received acting nods for stars Milo Ventimiglia, Sterling K. Brown and Chrissy Metz, make the show the… Read full this story
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Donald Glover roasted LeBron James’ teammates in a skit that wasn’t aired
- The 14 best new TV shows of 2017, ranked
- 10 things you probably never knew about 'Saturday Night Live'
- The 9 best new TV shows of 2018 so far
- Shaquille O'Neal was roasted by Kevin Hart with a hilarious impression on 'Saturday Night Live'
- 21 new TV shows people believe are going to be canceled
- How to Write For Any Medium (From a Guy Who’s Written For “The New Yorker,” “Saturday Night Live,” and Pixar)
- The 5 most anticipated new TV shows in January
- Alexander Skarsgard's new TV show — 'The Little Drummer Girl' — is a stunning spy series, but starts at a glacial pace
- We looked back at the long history of failed 'Watchmen' adaptations, as HBO tries to break the cycle with a new TV show
Westworld,' 'Saturday Night Live' lead 2017 Emmy list packed with new TV shows have 344 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 14, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.