Not all impressions are created equal. So why trade them wholesale without distinction? It’s a good and democratic way to trade all your impressions in open RTB environment (akin to AdSense)—all publishers get the same data and price floor, the highest bidder wins, end of story. But that sort of “throw it to the market and let them decide” approach severely limits yield and barely scratches the surface of all the capabilities of programmatic selling. In this primer, we are discussing all four of programmatic deal types, along with their potential merits and disadvantages for media sellers. Also known as: Open exchange, Open marketplace, RTB Participation: All (eligible) buyers on a platform Ad Server Priority: Lowest (just above in-house ads) An Open Auction is the Wild West of auctions. — IAB It’s a lot like plug-and-play trading on AdSense: Every advertiser on an exchange/SSP/ad network gets the impression call, they all bid, and the highest bidder wins (but usually pays only 1 cent more than second-highest bid, thanks to second-price auctions). You earn a share of that price, depending on the winning platform’s compensation terms. While it sounds chaotic, the environment isn’t entirely out of publisher’s control—there are block-lists and…
- Stormont talks: 'No deal this week and Irish language commissioner a major obstacle'
- Type 2 diabetes: Add this spice to your diet to lower your blood sugar levels
- Call to get a move on over City Deal projects
- Raw Deal: We made sure Wendy got the ‘enticement’ she’d been promised
- What does 2018 hold for the corporate deals market?
- EU Brexit withdrawal proposal: a lawyer explains the detail
- Confused by cashback? Baffled by BOGOF? Mind-boggling puzzle asks you to work out which is the best deal
- Stormont talks: Prime Minister and Taoiseach head to Belfast as power-sharing deal is in sight
- Raw Deal: Ian had already paid for insurance in the UK, but was forced to pay again
- Rudd insists Government will "not surrender" on bespoke Brexit deal without a fight
Explainer: The Four Types of Programmatic Deals have 341 words, post on at August 30, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.