We’ll sometimes have Paris. Photo: Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg via Getty Images The Trump administration wants the United Nations to know that the president really, truly meant it when he said that America would be exiting the Paris climate agreement back in June. But the White House would also like the international community to know that the United States reserves the right to change its mind on that subject — and would still like a seat at the table at all international climate talks, regardless. Under the terms of the Paris deal, the U.S. can’t actually, formally notify the U.N. that it is withdrawing until 2019. And Donald Trump already made his administration’s informal intentions perfectly clear weeks ago. But the American government delivered an official written notice of its intention to exit the agreement to the U.N. on Friday anyway. Ironically, that document does less to reiterate America’s intransigent opposition to the deal than to signal the administration’s openness to changing course. “As the President indicated in his June 1 announcement and subsequently, he is open to re-engaging in the Paris Agreement if the US can identify terms that are more favorable to the United States, its businesses, its workers, its… Read full this story
- California Aims For 40% Reduction In Greenhouse Gases By 2030 As Donald Trump Enters White House
- Red Sox manager Alex Cora still unsure if he'll visit White House with team
- White House China Trade Trucers Push President Trump to Back Off on Tariffs in Exchange for Nothing But More Talks
- Less is more? Trump out of sight as border talks play out
- Report: Trump still wants Robert Kraft at Patriots' White House ceremony despite scandal
- The Latest: White House to seek 1 national mileage standard
- White House to automakers on emissions: Back Trump plan or face costly Calif. rules
- Trump says China trade talks going well, will only accept 'great' deal
- Alan Page to put politics aside to attend White House ceremony
- Red Sox accept White House invitation, Cora vows to use platform in the 'right way'
Trump White House Says U.S. Will Join Climate Talks, Despite Leaving Paris Deal have 335 words, post on nymag.com at August 4, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.