After 23 years with global information technology (IT) giants like IBM and SAP, in 2014 Lalitha Indrakanti, 42, made the surprising move to foods & agriculture multinationnal Cargill. “I couldn’t have asked for more,” Indrakanti told ET Magazine earlier this week.If you’re wondering why a techie would be so upbeat about such a switch, the answer is a simple one: Indrakanti had joined as head of Cargill’s business services centre in Bengaluru, which provides the parent company back-end services across functions like IT, human resources, logistics and sourcing.The Cargill centre has 1,800 of the 4,000 employees that Cargill employs at its six such service centres across the world, including China and Brazil. India is the largest and the only one in which all business verticals are present. “In no other country could we have dreamt of touching 1,800 in such a short time,” says Indrakanti.Numbers tell only part of the story. The growing confidence of the HQ and the rising complexity of work that India does make Indrakanti happier. “We have a seat at the table at the HQ,” she says. Over 60% of the global finance work is done out of India. More importantly, in a range of new… Read full this story
- India is not the next China: Roland Auschel, global sales chief, Adidas
- Is Global Warming a New Religion?
- The Benefits of Outsourcing Your Call Centre
- Outsource to India Or China? Let the Great Debate Begins
- Redmi Note 8 Pro, MIUI 11 to Launch in India Today: How to Watch Live Stream, Expected Price, More
- Global HR Outsourcing - Dealing With the Long Tail
- Fascinating South India
- Centre to form empowered group to privatise 150 trains, 50 railway stations
- Al Gore Says We Can Solve It - Global Warming - In 10 Years Time! See How
- Realme set to collaborate with one of the biggest retail chain in South India: CEO Madhav Sheth
Why India is seeing a fresh wave of global innovation centres have 302 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at August 27, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.