At the time when the world was counting only from one to nine, India came up with zero. However, the time which was estimated to be the birth date of zero just got changed to 500 years back in time.Scientists at Oxford University carbon dated the Bakshali manuscript and found that “it dates from between the second and fourth century”. This is well before the earlier estimates which accepted the origin of zero to be during ninth century.Close The Bakhshali manuscript is an ancient mathematical manuscript written on more than 70 leaves of birch bark, found in 1881 near Peshawar. It is notable for having a dot representing zero in it. The manuscript is housed at Oxford since 1902. related news The suffragists fought to redefine femininity. The debate isn’t over. Why does the coronavirus hit men harder? A new clue Hurricane Laura hurtles towards Texas, Louisiana: Here’s everything we know so far Watch | A Big Zero: Research uncovers the date of the Bakhshali manuscriptThe finding predates the oldest known example of a zero in India seen at a Gwalior temple. The dot littered across the script which was used by merchants in old times meant as a placeholder…. Read full this story
- 500-year-old trees in southern Vietnam
- 500-year-old well discovered in Hoi An
- 2,500 years burial relics accidentally unearth in central Vietnam
- Discovering 1,500-year-old temple in Hanoi
- Retirement age increase inevitable, but more should be done
- Cao Bang age gap marriage shocks public
- Older sperm donors 'just as good'
- Retirement age set to be increased
- Vietnam to soon grapple with aging population
- Vietnam to build policies for ageing population
Age of zero? It is 500 years older than earlier thought have 262 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 15, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.