On 3 June 2013, Jiah Khan planned to spend the evening at home in Mumbai binge-watching Game of Thrones. The 25-year-old British Bollywood star wanted to stay awake to greet her youngest sister, Kavita, who was arriving at 3am on a flight from Heathrow. Jiah had been shopping that day and bought Kavita some gold jewellery. The sisters texted non-stop before the plane took off. “We bombarded each other with emojis,” says Kavita. “We couldn’t wait to see each other.” Rabbiya Khan, their mother, left Jiah alone in the family’s apartment in the affluent beach suburb of Juhu at around 9pm to have dinner with friends. At 9.37pm she spoke to Jiah on her mobile. “I said the typical mummy-ish things about how she mustn’t forget to eat,” says Rabbiya. “She needed to gain weight for a film role. We laughed about how she could have any food she wanted. She sounded relaxed and happy.” Less than two hours later Jiah was dead. Rabbiya returned home at 11.20pm to find her daughter hanging from a ceiling fan in the apartment’s spare bedroom. Her body was still warm. Rabbiya grabbed Jiah’s ankles to support her weight while she screamed for help,… Read full this story
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan's nephew Abdullah Khan passes away at 38
- Saif Ali Khan, Sonam Kapoor lead Bollywood in coronavirus awareness video. Watch
- Salman Khan's nephew Abdullah succumbs to heart ailment at 38
- Actor Divya Bharti died at nineteen: 27 years later, her untimely death remains a mystery to many
- Salman Khan's cousin passes away; actor condoles his death
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son AbRam lights up Lego diyas, Amitabh Bachchan uses flashlight: How Bollywood let the light in. See pics
- Fact check: Did Shah Rukh Khan donate Rs 45 crore to Pakistan for coronavirus relief?
- Salman Khan upset over not being able to attend nephew Abdullah’s funeral amid lockdown
- Salman Khan’s nephew Abdullah dies in Mumbai, actor says ‘will always love you’
- When Michael Jackson wore a Manish Malhotra sherwani, thanked designer onstage at Bollywood Awards USA
Death in Bollywood: who killed Jiah Khan? have 338 words, post on www.theguardian.com at October 1, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.