What happens when the computers around you all but disappear?Tiny sensors built into walls, household products, what you’re wearing, and perhaps your own body will make computers invisible to the eye, but responsive to a gesture, voice, and perhaps your movement as you walk into a room. It is still very early, but the era of ambient computing is slowly taking shape, whether in the form of the voice-driven smart speaker on your kitchen countertop, or via the IoT (Internet of Things) devices and appliances that are designed to blend into the background. It’s a vision fused by advances in artificial intelligence, speech recognition, natural language processing, machine learning and cloud computing. More: The real cost of setting up a smart home Stakeholders include the giants of tech: Amazon, Apple, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and Samsung, among them. But disruption may also come from companies not yet on the public’s radar.“The interesting ones will be… the Ubers of the IoT and the ambient world,” says Daryl Cromer, vice president of subsystem research at Lenovo Research. “And that’s what we’re still looking for.”No one is suggesting that screens and keyboards are going to go away entirely, or that you’ll stop reaching for the smartphone.“We still believe… Read full this story
- Guidelines For Kids' TV and Computer Games - How Much is Enough?
- The Story of General Bose (Synopsis) - Computer AI Who Became Supreme Commander
- A Second Life For Educators
- "Resistance is Futile" - Life Lessons From Star Trek?
- One Stop Snoring Tip That You Can Live By
- Revealed - 4 Guaranteed Tips to Fight the Obesity Epidemic
- Have You Read the Horror Stories of Cleaning the Sensor of Your Digital Camera
- Remote PC Access Software - Does it Work As Advertised?
- Trust Your Gut in Relationships
- Oops! Your SERPs Are Showing
What life will be like when the computers disappear have 304 words, post on www.usatoday.com at November 13, 2017. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.