I don’t have any nice childhood memories involving my mother. All I remember are the beatings and humiliations and the way she did everything she could think of to isolate me from the rest of my family, including banishing me to my bedroom for hours at a time. I couldn’t sit on the bed in case I creased the duvet cover, and I wasn’t allowed to play with the few toys Mum arranged strategically on the shelves so that she’d know immediately if I’d disobeyed her. So I’d just sit on the floor on my own, eating the meals she brought up for me and listening to my brothers laughing and watching TV with my parents in the room below. By the time I showed a teacher at school some of the bruises that always covered my body as a result of my mother’s slaps, kicks and punches, I believed it really was my fault Mum didn’t love me. What Mum also eventually made me believe was that my dad, who never hit me and was sometimes kind to me, was going to sexually abuse me. So I was relieved to be taken into care when I was 13, even… Read full this story
- Happy International Women’s Day, From Mark Ruffalo
- Oxford University 'deeply sorry' after female cleaner pictured washing away 'Happy International Women's Day' message
- Have You Wished Your Mother a Happy International Women’s Day Yet?
- Happy International Women’s Day! Have a Sticker
- ‘Fox & Friends’ Debate Sex Abuse Denial Strategies on International Women’s Day
- 10 best books to help women navigate their way through menopause
- The Latest: Ivanka Trump launches program to help women
- Growth in 'gender-smart' investing helps women in business, and more
- ‘Now I have this thing called life’: How art, family and my dog helped me overcome my eating disorder
- The right attitude can help you overcome IRS tax problems: David Leeper
After Being Trafficked And Abused I'm Finally Happy And Helping Other Women Overcome Trauma have 334 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.co.uk at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.