I’d like to think that I’m kind of a healthy gamer. While MMOs take a lot of time, the nice thing is that their downtime can lead to forming bonds, or give you time to exercise. Augmented reality games can give you both at once, especially Pokemon Go, since it’s the best-known ARG we have (and the mountains of merchandise make it easier to stand out as a fellow player). However, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows, and I’m not just talking about game mechanics that have plagued Niantic games since at Ingress. I remember playing that title and thinking, “Man, this game is dangerous! There’s no way they’ll just clone this for POGO, right?” And yet, here we are. But I can’t put all the blame on Niantic, especially after my time with ARG competitor Maguss. Some things just seem inherent to the genre. The usual suspects Let’s start with the harshest of realities that ARG players face but MMORPG players don’t: Playing an ARG in America while being a minority is dangerous. Real life death happens. MMOs aren’t totally safe either, but as Raph Koster warned, even Ultima Online had a real-life gang issue, but ARGs ignored history and haven’t put in a “call the police” button…. Read full this story
- Amazing ‘augmented reality’ game Reveal could return to King’s Lynn next Christmas
- Would you buy these £999 augmented reality glasses?
- British augmented reality start-up Blippar falls into administration
- Virtual and augmented reality to be used for seafarer training
- Otago winemaker Providore's augmented reality tour a hit
- Big Issue magazine launches 'augmented reality' technology to share stories of homelessness in Britain
- Paradise Island launches UK’s first Augmented Reality golf experience in Derbyshire
- Property tycoon Nick Candy buys fallen augmented reality star Blippar
- Big Ben brought back to life by Snapchat augmented reality
- Augmented reality startup Blippar enters administration after dispute over funding
The Soapbox: Three augmented reality game problems (most) MMOs don’t have – and one thing they do so much better have 331 words, post on massivelyop.com at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.