[Signup now] Japanese publisher, Cygames and the organizer of GameStart Asia, Eliphant, announced today that players from Southeast Asia and Oceania (SEAO) will be able to qualify for the Shadowverse World Grand Prix for the first time, giving them a chance to compete for the tournament’s first prize of USD 1 million. The Shadowverse SEAO esports circuit will be run by of Eliphant’s BEast of the East esports & live production division.
It will consist of six $1,000 prize pool online tournaments, one $1,000 Wildcard online tournament, and one $10,000 World Circuit offline tournament, all of which will lead up to the SEAO Contenders Cup. The SEAO Contenders cup will form part of GameStart 2018 which takes place on October 13-14. The winner will secure a place to compete for the USD 1 million first prize on offer at the World Grand Prix, to be held in Japan at the end of 2018.
Smash-hit strategy card game Shadowverse is Japan’s leading esports title, having been downloaded over 16 million times and attracting over 8,000 participants to its latest domestic esports tournament. Now players from Southeast Asia can also be part of the next evolution in card games. For more details about the Shadowverse esports calendar and how players can qualify for the World Grand Prix, please refer to the video below!
- GM announces executive leadership appointments in Southeast Asia
- Review: 2012 Hyundai Eon, Southeast Asia Spec
- Honda Plans To Resume Operations In Japan, Asia & Oceania Countries
- These 3 players might be playing their final Asia Cup
- 3 batsmen who can do well in the Asia Cup 2018
- Asia Cup 2018: Reasons why Manish Pandey should be in India's starting XI
- Asia Cup 2018: Best Asian XI to play against champions Team India
- Bosch bets big on South East Asia, to invest 80 million euros
- GM China chief hints at GM joining forces with China's SAIC in SE Asia
- Honda celebrates production of 50 million motorcycles and power products in Thailand