The day we all thought would never come finally arrived, Bless Online is here! First it was in the head start, then it was fully into its… open beta? Early access? Whatever it’s calling itself these days. And it is having some pretty serious issues. So what we’re learning here is that the beautiful dream you have might not hold up to the cold light of reality.
Other beta news, huh?
- That Dauntless open beta sure does have some queues to it. It’s almost got nothing but queues. Maybe the real test of dauntlessness is whether or not those queues daunt you ahead of time. It’s a fun word to say. Daunt, daunt, daunt.
- Early access with a feature-complete version of the game is still in the cards for Rend, lest you worry that the game has gotten downgraded along the way. The full thing is still coming! You just have to wait a little while longer.
- The news from The Repopulation is still that there is no news at this time. There’s a patch coming, yes, you still can’t have it just yet. That’s plausible, right? Or something like plausible? Work with us here.
- In brighter news, some long-awaited overhauls have arrived in Gloria Victis including arena and large-scale PvP changes. That seems to be humming along nicely enough.
Wow, there’s more bad news in there than any of us thought. Let’s try to assuage any of that bad taste with the list of games in testing just below, although some of that might have put another bad taste in your mouth by swapping test phases without us noticing. If that’s the case, do let us know in the comments? That’s helpful.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open betaArcfall: Pre-alphaAshes of Creation: Backer alpha zeroBless Online: Early access open betaBoundless: Donor alphaCamelot Unchained: Backer alpha, beta on July 4thChildren of Ur: Open alphaCitadel: Forged with Fire: Early accessCrowfall: Backer pre-alphaCube World: Closed alphaDauntless: Open betaDark and Light: Early accessDayZ: Early accessDefiance 2050: Almost betaDivergence Online: AlphaDual Universe: Pre-alphaECO: Early accessEdengrad: Early accessEleven: Closed alphaEver, Jane: Open betaGloria Victis: Early access on SteamGlobal Adventures: Closed betaJust Survive: Paid early accessLegends of Aria: Closed beta, open beta in JuneLife is Feudal: Early accessLine of Defense: Early access, removed from SteamOccupy White Walls: Closed alphaOrbusVR: Early accessOsiris: New Dawn: Early accessPantheon: Backer pre-alphaPathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”PixARK: Early accessProject Genom: Closed alphaProject Gorgon: Early access betaRend: Alpha testingSamuTale: Closed alphaStar Citizen: Backer alphaStash: Backer alphaThe Black Death: Early access alphaThe Culling: Early access testingThe Repopulation: Early access alphaTUG: Early access alpha, possibly abandonedValiance Online: AlphaWild Terra: Steam early accessWorlds Adrift: Early access
- Bless Your Heart: A Meditation, A Taxonomy, A Eulogy
- Blessed Be: Everlane Is Opening Its First Brick-and-Mortar Store
- Online Multiplayer Is Getting Lonelier
- 'Arrival' arrives in theaters again, with bonus footage
- Online anger fuels democracy in this interactive show
- The Furries of GTA Online Just Want To Play, But Jerks Get In The Way
- Online hunt for love connections said to peak today
- Met police chief says online fraud victims shouldn't be 'rewarded' by banks
- The Rules of Online Dating Profile Photos
- Not Being Able To Talk Trash Online In