Alphabet Inc’s Google is drawing thousands of new customers to gyms and salons each month through an appointment-booking tool released last year, Reuters has learned, a quiet step in the company’s transition to the next generation of search. The service, known as Reserve with Google, spares users the phone calls, online searching and form filling typically associated with appointments. Say you want a massage at 5 p.m. someplace within a half-mile of work. Google.com/maps/reserve displays openings at nearby businesses and allows users to book, and even pay, without having to call or visit another website. Google declined to comment on performance of the tool, which it launched last March. But in interviews with Reuters, seven software firms that supply schedule data to Google described the volume as significant, with as much as 75 percent of bookings representing new customers. Consumers like the convenience. Business owners say the tool is putting their names in front of more potential clients. The early results are a good sign for Google’s strategy for search at a time when it is battling technology rivals to guide consumers to shops, products, recipes, music and more. Google wants to do more than supply users with a list of web pages… Read full this story
- Apple and Google launch tool to track COVID-19 exposure without GPS data
- Demand Media Rising Above Google’s Search Algorithm Changes
- Meet the new Google translator: An AI app that converts sign language into text, speech
- Is it safe to take painkillers every day... and how can I tell if I have a fever without a thermometer? DR ELLIE CANNON answers 50 questions we all want to ask a GP
- Don't want to share your Google search history? Here's how to turn off the feature
- Beaches most Googled travel term among Vietnamese post-social distancing
- Google Chrome updates browser to fix three bugs that could let hackers run malicious code
- Alyssa Milano tells Donald Trump to convert his New York hotels to hospitals for COVID-19 relief: 'We need beds. He's got 'em'
- Former head of the material reserves will be prosecuted while remaining in custody
- Auschwitz renovations uncover 'escape kit': Spoons and tools are discovered hidden beneath a chimney at Nazi concentration camp
Google's 'Reserve' tool winning converts, taking search to next level have 376 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 1, 2018. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.