A woman checks on her vehicle as Hurricane Michael passes through, after the hotel canopy had just collapsed, in Panama City Beach, Fla., on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018. – Photo by AP Photo/Gerald Herbert 6:25 p.m. Hurricane Michael has left extensive damage in Panama City, with broken and uprooted trees and power lines down nearly everywhere. Roofs were peeled off and homes split open by fallen trees. Twisted street signs lay on the ground. Residents emerged early Wednesday evening to assess damage when rains stopped, though skies were still overcast and windy. A pine tree punched a hole in the roof of the apartment where 29-year-old Vance Beu was staying with his mother. The roar of the storm sounded like a jet engine as the wind accelerated, and their ears popped as pressure dropped. Beu said, “It was terrifying, honestly. There was a lot of noise. We thought the windows were going to break at any time. We had the inside windows kind of barricaded in with mattresses. We did whatever we could to kind of hunker down.” 6 p.m. Authorities say a Florida Panhandle man was killed by a falling tree as Hurricane Michael tore through the state. Gadsden… Read full this story
- Will Hurricane Michael make Florida’s red tide better or worse?
- Trump 'Probably' Won't Cancel His MAGA Rally During Hurricane Michael Because It Would Be 'Not Nice'
- Death Toll From Hurricane Michael Is Now at Least 18, and Expected to Keep Rising
- Watch Hurricane Michael make landfall on Florida webcams
- Why Florida skies turned purple after Hurricane Michael
- Surge in Domestic Violence Feared in Wake of Hurricane Michael
- Hurricane Michael Could Bring Major Flooding to Florida's Gulf Coast
- FCC Butts Heads With Wireless Carriers Over Hurricane Michael Response
- Why Hurricane Michael Could Bring 13 Feet of Storm Surge
- Hurricane Michael looks like a skull in satellite imagery
Hurricane Michael slams into Florida; 1 dead have 299 words, post on www.arkansasonline.com at October 9, 2018. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.