Earlier this month, the US urged the International Court of Justice to reject Iran’s demand that it return funds worth $ 1.75 billion, stored in US banks and frozen at the request of US courts. The representative of Iran in the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Mohsen Mohebi, said in turn that the court should reject “all preliminary objections” made by the White House. Describing Washington’s allegation as unfair, lawyer Maryam Jelalvand from Tehran University said in an interview with Sputnik that “for many years now, the US has been making false accusations against Iran.” READ MORE: Iran Accuses US of Regime Change Attempt, Downplays Effect of Sanctions He recalled that a lawyer representing the interests of the US Department of State claimed during the first meeting of the ICJ in The Hague that Iran is allegedly an accomplice of terrorism and will be held responsible for this under US law. READ MORE: Iran Files Lawsuit Against US Over Sanctions He added that the US has been using a similar practice for several decades, threatening Tehran and blocking Iranian assets under various pretexts without turning to international courts. When asked whether Iran would be able to unblock its frozen assets and prevail over Washington in the ICJ, Jelalvand called the US a superpower which has long felt its impunity and ignored all international institutions and the international order as a whole.” READ MORE:… Read full this story
- Trump administration's missile strikes against Syria break international law
- Labour Legal Opinion Argues UK's Syria Military Strikes Against International Law
- Russian lawmaker: U.S. strikes on Syria violate international law
- Can state cyber attacks be justified under international law?
- G7 unite to condemn Russia for behaviour that has 'undermined international law'
- 'They know they're breaking the law'
- Minnesota law enforcement seized record amount of meth last year
- US-led Syria strikes: West trashes international law in favor of ‘might is right’
- UK landlord offering 'sex for rent' claims he is not breaking the law
- Couples and ‘prostitutes’ publicly whipped in front of Indonesian mosque for breaking Islamic law
US Breaks International Law by Deciding to Seize Iran's Assets have 349 words, post on sputniknews.com at October 15, 2018. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.