Childcare providers urged to promote ‘gender-equal play’ BelfastTelegraph.co.uk A new campaign has been launched in a bid to promote more “gender-equal play” in nurseries and childcare. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/childcare-providers-urged-to-promote-genderequal-play-37619615.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article37619613.ece/6a5af/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_63f7690b-2392-4309-b34b-7527b1e7a7b9_1 Email A new campaign has been launched in a bid to promote more “gender-equal play” in nurseries and childcare. The Care Inspectorate – the body which inspects registered childcare providers – said the initiative has been brought in because “childhood and play is becoming more gendered and polarised between girls and boys”. It has teamed up with campaigners at Zero Tolerance – which works to eradicate male violence against women – to produce the guide, which aims to promote the benefits of youngsters of both sexes playing with a wide range of toys. Children’s Minister Maree Tood welcomed the new resource, saying: “Evidence shows that gender stereotyping from a very early age has an impact on the decisions that girls and boys make about their future subject and career choices. “This guide explains the importance of challenging gender stereotyping and provides ideas and examples for early years professionals of existing good practice.” By tackling gender stereotyping, we can give children the opportunity to play and learn without the restrictions these stereotypes place… Read full this story
- Rebecca Nicholson: Gender equality may mean more truly mixed sports
- Younger Women See More Gender Equality at Work
- Women’s Sevens World Series expanded as sponsors encourage gender equality
- Deaf basketball tournament a unique opportunity for student-athletes to compete on equal playing field
- Feder: Wayne Randazzo earns promotion to Mets play-by-play
- Lyon reap rewards of greater gender equality
- Bangalore University bats for gender inclusivity in academia
- To Overcome Gender Bias in Funding, Show VCs You're Playing to Win
- Child Passenger Safety Campaign: VW Malaysia, PPBM to hold workshops across 280 childcare centres
- Bruce Arians is leading the push for gender and racial equality in the NFL, but who's following?
Childcare providers urged to promote ‘gender-equal play’ have 344 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at December 12, 2018. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.