The 2018 World Series champs will make the ceremonial trip by Pete Blackburn @PeteBlackburn 2m ago • 1 min read The 2018 World Series champion Boston Red Sox have been invited to the White House and will accept the invitation, team president Sam Kennedy announced Monday. World Series champions are typically invited to visit the White House and meet the President as part of their celebration tour every year, as is the case with the other major pro North American sports leagues. However, with some teams and athletes electing to skip the traditional visit (or having their invitations rescinded by President Trump) in recent years as a result of political differences, it was called into question whether the Red Sox would attend.The team put those questions to bed on Monday, saying they would visit the White House. Boston manager Alex Cora said that he would attempt to use the platform in the “right way.”Cora has been critical of President Trump in the past, particularly in regards to the Trump administration’s response to Hurricane Maria that leveled Cora’s native Puerto Rico in 2017. After Trump questioned the massive death toll reported from the island this September, Cora called the comments “disrespectful” but was… Read full this story
- 'Circus show' summit: Trump delivers meandering speech to his digital army of supporters at the White House
- White House proposal would have FCC and FTC police alleged social media censorship
- Washington Nationals' World Series star pitcher Sean Doolittle DECLINES Trump's invitation to the White House to show solidarity with 'his wife's lesbian parents and his autistic brother-in-law'
- PHOTOS: ‘American Treasures’ Christmas at the White House
- Ranking the 10 World Series championship teams of the 2010s: Curse-busting Cubs, 108-win Red Sox and more
- Obama, Trump hold ’excellent’ White House talks
- Former White House Staffer Cliff Sims on Trump’s Emotional Life and the Fine Points of Leaking
- The War in the White House
- 'Keep America Great In Space': Trump and Melania host Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins, and sons of Neil Armstrong at the White House on eve of 50th anniversary of Moon landing
- Jeremy Corbyn vows to confront Donald Trump at Buckingham Palace TONIGHT after the US President rubbished his NHS claims saying he would not want to seize health service if it were 'on a silver platter'
Red Sox accept White House invitation, Cora vows to use platform in the 'right way' have 374 words, post on www.cbssports.com at December 3, 2018. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.