George W. Bush, the 43th US President, has reached out to government workers who’ve missed their pay checks due to the partial shutdown of US government agencies, the longest in the nation’s history to date. He and his wife, Laura W. Bush, have delivered pizza to agents of the Secret Service, the agency protecting current and former US presidents and their families. Посмотреть эту публикацию в Instagram Публикация от George W. Bush (@georgewbush) 18 Янв 2019 в 12:58 PST “Laura W. Bush and I are grateful to our Secret Service personnel and the thousands of Federal employees who are working hard for our country without a pay check,” George W. Bush wrote in a rare political statement. “And we thank our fellow citizens who are supporting them. It’s time for leaders on both sides to put politics aside, come together, and end this shutdown.” The ex-president’s post has garnered a lot of attention on social media, with some praising Bush Jr. for his gesture. I’m no fan of Bush, but this was a kind thing to do. — Tonya Jewell (@Tonya_Aria) 19 января 2019 г. ”What a sweet man and thinking of others is very kind,” wrote a user. For some sceptics, however, it was overshadowed by his presidential record. “Wish he’d cared more for Americans when he had the chance,” quipped another commenter. Cute. He’s still a war criminal…. Read full this story
- Trump absent again as Kennedy Center Honors pay tribute to Bush
- A day in the death of America
- For Nikki Haley, Dealing With Foreign Tyrants Is the Easy Part of the Job
- 1998: Joe Biden Urged U.S. to ‘Dethrone’ Saddam Hussein over Weapons of Mass Destruction
- TV pundits are talking about the prospects for war with Iran, and it sounds a lot like 2003
- WH policy director: From campaign hype-man to Oval Office influence
- New Year Honours list 2019 in full - from stars to heroes of tragedy and terror
- US TV pundits are talking about war with Iran, and it sounds a lot like 2003
- Downcast Queen arrives for church at Sandringham as Prince Charles makes a flying visit to Oman ahead of tomorrow's royal showdown over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's decision to quit duties - after Wills revealed sadness at the 'broken bond'
George W. Bush Wades Into Government Shutdown Chaos as Pizza Delivery Guy have 364 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 19, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.