I’ve been holding off on the Trion Worlds lawsuit coverage for the simple fact that not a whole lot has been happening over the past couple of months, at least nothing of major significance. Right now the case is getting to the end of discovery, this is the portion of the lawsuit where the parties finish up requesting and handing over documents that will be used in the coming trial. To spare you the reader from boredom, I have kindly summarized the last few case management conferences into one sentence: “Information was requested, other information may be requested, we will let you know at the next conference, and class action status is still pending.”
You’re welcome. Now on with the meat of the latest filings:
The Asset Transfer, Or, A New Defendant
If you’ve been keeping up with the ongoing story of Trion Worlds, you’ll know that the company is virtually nonexistent at this point. Last October, Trion transferred its assets and property to Trion Worlds LLC, which subsequently sold said assets to Gamigo. Trion Worlds LLC was issued a subpoena to produce information regarding the transaction and has since turned over an Asset Purchase Agreement and related documents.
The documents have shined light on another entity that may currently possess Trion assets: Golden Gate Games Inc. The plaintiffs not only intend to serve Golden Gate Games with documents and deposition subpoenas, but also have noted their intent to investigate whether individual officers/owners of Trion may be liable to plaintiffs and the proposed class action lawsuit as part of the asset transfer. The document also notes that plaintiffs have been unable to serve Gamigo with subpoenas.
As far as Trion Worlds is concerned, all non-privileged responsive documents have been produced. Trion has not sought any discovery information from the Plaintiffs according to court filings.
What Are We Waiting For?
For the moment, we are waiting to see whether the plaintiffs in the case will be adding an additional party or parties to the defense which will be known within the next two months. The next case management conference is not set until March 15, during which the parties will discuss the ongoing motion to certify the lawsuit for class action status. A request to compel documents pertaining to ArcheAge’s financial information has been deferred for the time being as unnecessary for class certification, however there is the possibility that we will be made privy to the details of Trion’s asset sale to Gamigo at some point in this lawsuit.
Again, there hasn’t been much development over the past two months, and there won’t be for another couple of months to come.
As always, the documents related to the case have been made available on the MMO Fallout Google Drive folder for your use.
- World Autism Awareness Day 2019: Significance, history and theme
- Asus ZenFone 5Z to get Android 9.0 Pie update by January in 2019
- Australia calls out China for its horrifying persecution of minorities – but the world isn’t listening
- World Autism Awareness Day 2019: French govt outlines measures to improve autism care
- Anthony Weiner Begins Serving Prison Sentence for Sexting Minor (UPDATE)
- Vietnam Airlines wins big at World Travel Awards Asia 2019
- Brandi Carlile Declares Women Can Solve 'All the World's Problems' at 2019 Billboard Women in Music
- Persecuted minorities could be in crores: Amit Shah
- Latest news on RRB NTPC Admit Card 2019: Here is what the experts think of the date
- UPTET Admit Card 2019 to be released today @ updeled.gov.in