So what’s a musician to do after a watershed album that not only obliterated the fickle line between ‘mainstream’ and ‘indie’ but in its own subtle ways defined the zeitgeist? Carly Rae Jepsen’s latest offering, Dedicated, isn’t necessarily her Homogenic, in reference to Bjork’s monumental album. That would be 2016’s E●MO●TION: Side B, as it is her Vespertine: the chilled-out, down-home tour de force spiritually hinted at in lead single and closing track “Party for One”.It’s befitting, then, that Jepsen had initially thought of titling the album Music To Clean Your House To; just as in the “Party for One” visual accompaniment, Dedicated is perhaps best devoured in the comfort of your own bedroom, in your favorite worn-out T-shirt and undies.There’s a more relaxed and understated feel to Dedicated that might be confounding for those expecting a retread of E●MO●TION’s big, boisterous sound. Then again, Jepsen kick-started her career with a largely forgotten folk-pop – mostly self-written – debut album following a stint on Canadian Idol (she placed third). Playing by the rules has simply never been her modus operandi; this is after all the same songstress whose accompanying video to her biggest hit features a gay twist.True to its title, though, Dedicated… Read full this story
- Outside Lands announces cool lineup of night shows
- Biggest summer hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, 1980 through today
- For these Las Vegas teens, the Route 91 Harvest festival became a life-altering event
- Ford Versus Japan
- Ocean Grove's 16-foot-tall fountain getting restored to 1907 splendor
- Everything you need to know about the Wales Airshow road closures
- Why robots helped Donald Trump win
- 'Tell on your water waster neighbours'
- World's Best Smash 4 Player Is Worn Down By Haters And Harassment
- What it's like inside Uxbridge's Battle of Britain bunker
Carly Rae Jepsen remains 'Dedicated' to top-tier bops have 295 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.