Alphabet’s (NASDAQ: GOOG)(NASDAQ: GOOGL) Google division took the wraps off its streaming video game service at its Game Developers Conference presentation on Tuesday, and the unveiling signals some big shifts for the industry. Google’s Stadia is the the first major new offering in streaming gaming service, an emerging area that could send waves through the gaming industry and affect legacy platform holders, including Sony (NYSE: SNE), Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), and Nintendo (NASDAQOTH: NTDOY). Continue Reading Below From the early days of Atari through more modern platforms including dedicated gaming PCs and console systems like Microsoft’s Xbox One, Sony’s PlayStation 4, and the Nintendo Switch, the hobby has required a hardware platform in order to play the high-tech games of the day. That won’t be the case for much longer, as streaming distribution looks poised to make high-end gaming available on nearly every device under the sun. What is Stadia? Google’s Stadia is a streaming service that aims to make high-end video games playable without powerful hardware. Users won’t need to download software files, let alone own game discs. Think of Stadia as a Netflix-type service for video games. It’s expected to go live later this year in North America and… Read full this story
- Can Linux ever beat Windows at PC gaming?
- The Complete History Of Star Wars PC Games
- Amazon is giving free PC games to Prime members every month – here’s how to get them
- New Astro A50 headset for Xbox One and PC up for preorder
- Every PlayStation 4 game coming out in October 2019
- Overwatch’s new Workshop will let players make their own game modes
- How to install PC game mods: A beginner's guide
- Utomik’s PC game subscription service will launch out of beta in early 2018
- A Brief History Of Star Trek PC Games
- Xbox One Holiday Gaming Preview
Google's New Platform, Stadia, Wants to Beat Xbox, PlayStation, and PC at Their Own Game have 305 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at March 20, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.