Some serious quality of life changes are coming to Star Trek Online‘s character creation system. Today, UI Designer Jo Gianulis detailed plans to make the increasingly-bloated character creator more streamlined and less overwhelming for players.
As Jo notes in the post, the additions of new factions and species over the course of the game’s lifetime has really weighed down the character creator, making the UI unruly and clunky. So, when revamping the character creation UI, they’ve taken out a few features — although they can still be found in game at the tailor. They’ve also moved a few things around, like allowing the player to change the gender on the appearance page.
The post doesn’t go into great detail on what will be changed when the updates hit the server, as some of the things they’d like to do are still being mulled over. But based on what we’ve been told so far, it seems like players can expect some cool things.
- Review: 'Star Trek Online: Age of Discovery' Makes It the Best Time Ever to Get Into the Game
- Interview: Chase Masterson Returns to Deep Space Nine for 'Star Trek Online: Victory is Life'
- 'Star Trek Online: Age of Discovery' Launch Date Announced
- Star Trek Online: Awakening Launches on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Star Trek Online Players Held an In-Game Vigil for Aron Eisenberg
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Creator Compares Series to Rick and Morty
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Creator Reveals How the Series Fits Into Canon
- Star Trek: Mary Wiseman Talks 'Short Treks', 'Discovery' Season 2, and 'Age of Discovery'
- Star Trek: Captain Nog's Ship Model to be Released in Tribute to Aron Eisenberg
- Snoop Dogg Has Star Wars vs. Star Trek Mural in His Home