What comes next for Disney’s streaming service Disney+? FREDERICK M. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images Walt Disney’s acquisition of Fox is officially in the books. Now that the $71 billion hurdle is in the rear view, CEO Bob Iger is turning Disney’s full focus on direct-to-consumer services, most notably the upcoming streaming platform Disney+. This over-the-top service cements the Mouse House’s struggle with Netflix as the defining battle of 21st century entertainment. But before Disney+ launches later in 2019, there are several obstacles as well as advantages we must consider before finalizing our expectation of it as a force to be reckoned with.ChallengesThe Disney-Fox deal has quickly become an emblem of the haves vs. the have-nots. Adding Fox to a company that already owned powerful brands such as Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar was like replacing Shakespeare’s quill and parchment with a MacBook. But although the rich get richer, there are considerable retooling efforts that threaten to impede the rise of Disney+.Subscribe to Observer’s Entertainment Newsletter“The adoption of a tech company doesn’t feel like it is being articulated enough when discussing the service,” Nick Nelson, head of product innovation at Ownzones Media Network and former head of product creative at Netflix, told Observer. “Netflix… Read full this story
- Disney prepares to strike back at Netflix
- Disney Wants to Buy Netflix?
- The Ultimate Netflix Guide: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Netflix
- Netflix Gets Disney, Marvel, Star Wars Exclusively in September
- Thor: Ragnarok Now Available on Disney+
- Don't Expect Disney+ or Netflix to Ever Stream Studio Ghibli Movies
- The Mandalorian: Everything we know about the Disney+ Star Wars series
- Please Beware This New Netflix Email Scam
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix - UK release date, cast, comic and plot
- Ashley Tisdale stands out with her beige-and-yellow plaid coat as she continues promoting her new Netflix movie Merry Happy Whatever
What’s Ahead for Disney+ as It Prepares to Lure Us Away From Netflix have 310 words, post on observer.com at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.