Laura Dern continues to be at the forefront of change sweeping across Hollywood, and she wants people to know that she’s hoping to encourage action and equality across industries.The actress is speaking out in honor of Equal Pay Day, April 2, calling attention to the gender pay gap, in which women make 80 cents to for every dollar earned by their male counterparts. Though a lot of the noise and headlines are coming from the film industry, Dern “hopes to raise awareness about the gender pay gap, so hopefully the next generation — my kids — don’t having to deal with it,” regardless of occupation.”The thing that I think that was so profound for Time’s Up is that many women from my industry and many actresses shared their experiences to say that it’s happening to all of us. We didn’t say anything for so long, because we were fed a belief system, which is, ‘Are you kidding? You’re lucky enough to be acting in a movie. You can’t complain and ask for more money,'” Dern told AOL’s Gibson Johns during a phone call this week. ”There are women in real jobs who have these problems, and all this rhetoric that intimidated women in… Read full this story
- Catt Sadler opens up on her decision to leave E! News for Equal Pay Day
- What is the Equality Act 2010, how do equal pay laws work and are they different to the gender pay gap?
- What is the Equality Act 2010, how do equal pay laws work and are they different from the gender pay gap?
- 1,000 Tesco workers join forces to demand equal pay
- Regional business opinion on the issues surrounding equal pay and status
- Equal pay campaigner recalls win 25 years on
- Council reveals gender pay gap as firms miss deadline
- All of the advertisers that have dropped Laura Ingraham's Fox News show since she mocked Parkland school shooting survivor
- Minister Slams Firm With Britain's Biggest Gender Pay Gap – And Attacks Netflix Over Unequal Pay
- What to do if you're getting paid less than a colleague for the exact same job
Laura Dern is continuing to advocate for equal pay: 'We have the right to be paid equally' have 347 words, post on www.aol.com at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.