A Fowl River fish camp likely will become the second new water access point acquired this year by Mobile County, which plans to put in new boat ramps and other amenities on the site.At their conference meeting on Thursday, county commissioners considered a measure to purchase 1.7 acres of property at 4901 Fowl River Road for $95,000. That address has been the site of a private launch point called Memories Fish Camp. “To those of y’all who don’t know it we’ve had some real issues with having access to public waterways,” said Commissioner Jerry Carl, whose District 3 includes the site. “This will be a small move in that direction, for public access.”The Fowl River Road site had been listed on real-estate sites for sale at an asking price of $100,000. One such site described it has having 350 feet on the water. Its boat launch is a gravel beach best suited to kayaks, canoes and small powerboats, but Carl said after Thursday’s meeting that the county plans to upgrade it with cement ramps and restroom facilities.The launch, well upstream of Bellingrath Gardens, will provide access to a winding river with virtually no industrial development. Carl said that once developed… Read full this story
- Mobile County OK’s 7.5% pay raise for all employees
- Alabama closes shellfish growing areas in Mobile County
- Mobile County teacher arrested on cyber harassment charge
- Aiken County names new superintendent after contentious meeting
- 677 Prime owner planning new Mexican restaurant in Colonie
- Oak-killing fungus spreads to a 5th county in New York
- How are Alabama counties spending new gas tax funds?
- DLNR looking at new boat ramp site within Pohoiki Bay
- Record passes between two Mobile County fishermen
- Standish man arrested after crashing into 3 cars at boat launch
Mobile County planning new boat launch on Fowl River have 297 words, post on www.al.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.