This week, there will be a legitimate major championship at Bethpage Black. We’ll also get a ridiculous sideshow, at least for the first couple of days. John Daly will rip it up in the PGA Championship — while gripping the wheel of a golf cart. Yep, the guardians of the game are accommodating a 53-year-old who spent a good part of his life not taking good care of himself and has zero chance of winning. “I think walking is an integral part of being a pro golfer,” six-time major champion Nick Faldo said during a conference call to promote CBS’s coverage of the event. “I’ll leave it at that.” Sir Nick is right. If an arthritic knee won’t allow Daly to walk such a demanding course — and we’re in no way questioning his condition — then he shouldn’t play. Making matters worse, this dubious decision denies a deserving player the chance to take part. The alternate list for the second major of the year is filled with regulars on the PGA Tour, any of whom could possibly win the event if they’re on top of their game. As of Friday, Richy Werenski was the first guy in should someone… Read full this story
- ‘That was my moment’: Finally, Daly can close book on Sochi
- Tony Romo will skip his NFL game if he makes the PGA Tour cut. CBS probably shouldn’t worry.
- LPGA postpones Lake Merced tournament
- Pro Golfer Ernie Els Wins Big At Hoag Classic
- New Hot Toys Statue Provides Best Look At Iron Man's Homecoming Armor
- The Latest: Seattle NHL franchise delays revealing nickname
- Coronavirus deals knockout blow to sports in Africa
- At 13, Maxine McCormick beats her coach at nationals
- Hermann rallies in final run, wins world skeleton title
- Coronavirus in Colorado, March 17: A look at the latest updates from COVID-19
John Daly will be an embarrassing sideshow at PGA Championship have 301 words, post on nypost.com at May 13, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.