close Video Eric Shawn: Mueller, Barr & Schiff, and the new Russia probe Alex Little on what it really takes to prepare a FISA warrant. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff said that impeachment “is destined for failure” without Republican support, while blasting the party as “the cult of the president’s personality” and stating that he is actually against “putting the country” through impeachment proceedings. Schiff, on ABC News’ “This Week,” said that while he believes House Democrats could impeach the president, the move would likely fail, due to a lack of support from Republicans in the House and Senate. NADLER: THERE ‘CERTAINLY IS’ JUSTIFICATION TO IMPEACH TRUMP “I think we’re going to do what is right for the country, and at this point, the speaker has not reached the conclusion, and I haven’t either that it’s the best for the country to put us through an impeachment proceeding that we know will, is, destined for failure in the Senate,” Schiff said. Schiff added that the president’s “conduct qualifies” as “high crimes and misdemeanors,” but said: “at the same time, we have to recognize that the reality — that one party, the Republican Party, has turned itself into the cult of… Read full this story
- Schiff says impeachment may be necessary
- Adam Schiff says Trump’s words already enough to open inquiry
- Trump admits he discussed Biden in call with Ukrainian president
- The Latest: Schiff says whistleblower wants to speak on Hill
- The impeachment inquiry: How does removing a president work?
- Trump says impeachment drive is a plus, yet tweets with fury
- Trump tweets with fury, says impeachment push helps him
- Pompeo says impeachment depositions ‘not feasible’
- Opposition says 'impeach' Mugabe
- Weld says Trump’s Ukraine call is ‘treason’
Schiff says impeachment 'is destined for failure,' calls GOP 'cult of the president's personality' have 287 words, post on www.foxnews.com at June 2, 2019. This is cached page on Make Money Online. If you want remove this page, please contact us.